Thread: Thanks for the rod gerrit

Default Thanks for the rod gerrit

Collected the rod today, have not had a chance to cast it yet, but have set it up and pretended to cast it. Its awesome. Thank you so so so much for givin me this present. Now i officially have 2 rods but only 1 reel. Will be using the rod for december down in port alfred in the salt, the 7 weight ability of the rod will come in handy. So thanks again gerrit, i owe you a beer sometime. A

Trawl the second hand shops...you will be surprised how cheap you can pick up reels sometimes....the problem is checking the weight for balance.
    If you do try the second hand stores always release the spool from the reel... I was taught that you always place a sticker inside the reel to say what line you have on there (for example (7-wf-f) would tell you it is a 7 weight- weight forward -floating) and that should correspond to the reel.
    Hope this helps,
    KarelM
    Holy cows make the best steaks.

Quote Originally Posted by turando101 View Post
    Trawl the second hand shops...you will be surprised how cheap you can pick up reels sometimes....the problem is checking the weight for balance.
    If you do try the second hand stores always release the spool from the reel... I was taught that you always place a sticker inside the reel to say what line you have on there (for example (7-wf-f) would tell you it is a 7 weight- weight forward -floating) and that should correspond to the reel.
    Hope this helps,
    KarelM
    do you know of any of these second hand stores? I dont know of any. Or are u talking about cash converters type store?

Sweet man,hope u enjoy it.Got my 1st Largie on that rod.

G