Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Maasbanker

you can catch macrel and maasbunker in Simonstown bay but probably only twice as season
    What ever you do never confuse Fishing With catching Fish !!!!
    Fish Are Friends Not Food

But your reasoning has a fatal flaw; it overlooks the fact that to comprehend it requires that one rub a few brain cells against each other. The heat thus generated produces the light that illuminates the fact, but alas, not everybody has the resource required to fuel the process --SG

My creative mind has just told me to start dreaming up a patern that immatates this fish, the shad and kob love them and i have even seen guys catch cracker on them. I must just find a good clear pic of a live one so that we can see the colouring...
    Photography Rules!
    www.dewaldkirsten.co.za

Dewwy
    if you tie your flashy profile with blue over light green and put darker stripes on it it will immitate the mackrel that we get in the bay and the yellowtail love those things
    /d

But your reasoning has a fatal flaw; it overlooks the fact that to comprehend it requires that one rub a few brain cells against each other. The heat thus generated produces the light that illuminates the fact, but alas, not everybody has the resource required to fuel the process --SG

Quote Originally Posted by damage View Post
    you can catch macrel and maasbunker in Simonstown bay but probably only twice as season
    Howzit damage. What do you mean by only twice a season. Do they only come that close sometimes?

Thanks

Jason
    That’s the difference between me and the rest of the world! Happiness isn’t good enough for me! I demand euphoria! (Calvin and Hobbes)

http://pipersystem.com

Default mackrel and maasbunker

mozzies (maasbunker ) are around more often but are usualy small
    the larger ones as with the mackrel are shoal fish and are fleeting usualy we get a call that they are in the bay and its a fish a cast but they dont hang around long a few hours tops

If you live in the area the way to tell if they are in the bay is to watch for lots of the biger sport fisher boats congreated by the Submarine bouy (Big flat yellow bouy) in the center of ST bay
    this usasaly meant the Macs or decent size Mozzies are around

Dont worry about the little boats as they are usualy after Chokka

/d

Hi J
    I think a good bet would be to try for maasbanker at the pier and under the hotel. I have seen guys going for them at night when the lights are on and have had good fun. Not that easy though but as John said great fun and if memory serves...they were also taken on small fritz's of varying colours.
    Terence even dangled a line over the balcony while staying there one weekend
    Looks like good fun though. Give me a shout and I'll join you when the time is upon us......eish all this fishing that's coming up
    Behold the fisherman. he riseth early in the morning and disturbeth the whole household. mighty are his preperations. he goes forth full of hope and when the day is ended, he returneth smelling of strong drink and the truth is not with him. originator unknown.

my stuff.... http://www.flytalk.co.za/forum/album.php?u=824[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by rols View Post
    Hi J
    I think a good bet would be to try for maasbanker at the pier and under the hotel. I have seen guys going for them at night when the lights are on and have had good fun. Not that easy though but as John said great fun and if memory serves...they were also taken on small fritz's of varying colours.
    Terence even dangled a line over the balcony while staying there one weekend
    Looks like good fun though. Give me a shout and I'll join you when the time is upon us......eish all this fishing that's coming up
    Cool Rols.

Will be nice to have some company. I will keep you informed. Anyone have an idea of when a good time is to start targeting them?
    That’s the difference between me and the rest of the world! Happiness isn’t good enough for me! I demand euphoria! (Calvin and Hobbes)

http://pipersystem.com

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3