Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 30

Thread: Zoo Lake

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Gauteng Blairgowrie
    Posts
    541

    Default Zoo Lake

    Has anybody fished at Zoo Lake before?? Are we allowed to fish there?? Any info woul be much appreciated..

    Thanks

    A

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Roodepoort
    Posts
    101

    Default

    as far as i know theres boards up there no fishing alowd but i know its got koi carp bass an plenty barbel
    You cant change yesterday but you CAN make a diferance in tomorow !!!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Gauteng Blairgowrie
    Posts
    541

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kabouter View Post
    as far as i know theres boards up there no fishing alowd but i know its got koi carp bass an plenty barbel
    Thanks, was hoping i could fish there cause i need to get my line wet asap i am starting to have withdrawl symptoms..

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Vandia Grove, Gauteng
    Posts
    4,056

    Default

    According to the major sign on the lkae next to Moyo's restaurant you can fish but must have provincial licence. I've caught lots of barbel there on fly in the early spring when they 'sun themselves in the shallows and by the wall next to Moyo's where all the food/muck collects, also near the cormorant island where I think the barbel eat the bird cr@p - havn't actually fished it for about three seasons but I went walking round it a month ago and I also saw lots of carp as well
    The more you know, the less you need (Aboriginal Australian proverb)

    Only dead fish swim with the stream (Malcolm Muggeridge)

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Gauteng Blairgowrie
    Posts
    541

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chris williams View Post
    According to the major sign on the lkae next to Moyo's restaurant you can fish but must have provincial licence. I've caught lots of barbel there on fly in the early spring when they 'sun themselves in the shallows and by the wall next to Moyo's where all the food/muck collects, also near the cormorant island where I think the barbel eat the bird cr@p - havn't actually fished it for about three seasons but I went walking round it a month ago and I also saw lots of carp as well
    yip i stopped there this morning as i was driving past, says fishing with permit.. Went to post office to buy one, they gave me a form that is exactly like the one at the coast.. I thought it was meant to be a gauteng one. Unless they gave me the wrong form? Its blue and says annual recreational fishing permit.. Nothing about gauteng etc.. Is this the correct one i need?

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Vandia Grove, Gauteng
    Posts
    4,056

    Default

    That's fine in the old days it was a provincial one (shows how old the sign is!) but these days the blue one you got covers all

    Cheers good luck - just watch out when casting with all the walkers with dogs/scallywags on the pavement behind you!!
    The more you know, the less you need (Aboriginal Australian proverb)

    Only dead fish swim with the stream (Malcolm Muggeridge)

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Gauteng Blairgowrie
    Posts
    541

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chris williams View Post
    That's fine in the old days it was a provincial one (shows how old the sign is!) but these days the blue one you got covers all

    Cheers good luck - just watch out when casting with all the walkers with dogs/scallywags on the pavement behind you!!
    thanks. Will watch out. Dont wanna hook into small children.. Would need stronger tippet and bigger hooks for that.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Vandia Grove, Gauteng
    Posts
    4,056

    Default

    The big barbel are partial to small children...
    The more you know, the less you need (Aboriginal Australian proverb)

    Only dead fish swim with the stream (Malcolm Muggeridge)

  9. #9
    Booger Rose Banned User

    Default

    I once nearly hooked an old tannie walking her dog around Emmerentia, fly to use: Olive Wooly Bugger

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Claremont, Cape Town
    Posts
    4,251

    Default

    Personally I would go around to the Bowls Club ... try hook one of those little nubile wenches they use for decoration there!!!
    I always wanted to be somebody,but now I realize I should have been more specific.
    Alcohol is the anaesthesia by which we endure the operation of life. GBS

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •