Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Zoo Lake

Default Zoo Lake

Has anybody fished at Zoo Lake before?? Are we allowed to fish there?? Any info woul be much appreciated..

Thanks

A

as far as i know theres boards up there no fishing alowd but i know its got koi carp bass an plenty barbel
    You cant change yesterday but you CAN make a diferance in tomorow !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kabouter View Post
    as far as i know theres boards up there no fishing alowd but i know its got koi carp bass an plenty barbel
    Thanks, was hoping i could fish there cause i need to get my line wet asap i am starting to have withdrawl symptoms..

According to the major sign on the lkae next to Moyo's restaurant you can fish but must have provincial licence. I've caught lots of barbel there on fly in the early spring when they 'sun themselves in the shallows and by the wall next to Moyo's where all the food/muck collects, also near the cormorant island where I think the barbel eat the bird cr@p - havn't actually fished it for about three seasons but I went walking round it a month ago and I also saw lots of carp as well
    The more you know, the less you need (Aboriginal Australian proverb)

Only dead fish swim with the stream (Malcolm Muggeridge)

Quote Originally Posted by chris williams View Post
    According to the major sign on the lkae next to Moyo's restaurant you can fish but must have provincial licence. I've caught lots of barbel there on fly in the early spring when they 'sun themselves in the shallows and by the wall next to Moyo's where all the food/muck collects, also near the cormorant island where I think the barbel eat the bird cr@p - havn't actually fished it for about three seasons but I went walking round it a month ago and I also saw lots of carp as well
    yip i stopped there this morning as i was driving past, says fishing with permit.. Went to post office to buy one, they gave me a form that is exactly like the one at the coast.. I thought it was meant to be a gauteng one. Unless they gave me the wrong form? Its blue and says annual recreational fishing permit.. Nothing about gauteng etc.. Is this the correct one i need?

That's fine in the old days it was a provincial one (shows how old the sign is!) but these days the blue one you got covers all

Cheers good luck - just watch out when casting with all the walkers with dogs/scallywags on the pavement behind you!!

Quote Originally Posted by chris williams View Post
    That's fine in the old days it was a provincial one (shows how old the sign is!) but these days the blue one you got covers all

Cheers good luck - just watch out when casting with all the walkers with dogs/scallywags on the pavement behind you!!
    thanks. Will watch out. Dont wanna hook into small children.. Would need stronger tippet and bigger hooks for that.

The big barbel are partial to small children...

Booger Rose Banned User

I once nearly hooked an old tannie walking her dog around Emmerentia, fly to use: Olive Wooly Bugger

Personally I would go around to the Bowls Club ... try hook one of those little nubile wenches they use for decoration there!!!
    I always wanted to be somebody,but now I realize I should have been more specific.
    Alcohol is the anaesthesia by which we endure the operation of life. GBS

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast