Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: 2 weight build

Quote Originally Posted by rols View Post
    Do you cut narrower strips out of the dry walling tape or do you use it wide like the pic?
    Yes, but you also get narrower rolls of the stuff. Cutting it is fine ja.

I think the big drawback for us is the fact that if we bugger up, we can't just pop in and get a new grip, we have to order again from overseas.
    Most definately. Still cannot believe more local supplier see that there is a HUGE demand for this, they can do SO much more business if they just brought grips, seats and guides in <sigh>!

(I suppose I'm waiting to see what curve balls Morne encounters first )
    Hehehehe, good planning there ...

Your spacers should be there on Friday, just need a minute to pop to the PO today.
    Mario Geldenhuys
    Smallstream fanatic, plus I do some other things that I can't tell you about

"All the tips or magical insights in the world can't replace devotion, dedication, commitment, and gumption - and there is not secret in that" - Glenn Brackett

Thanks Mario. Reading has helped big time and it's a thing that Art stresses....Don't rush, plan the steps you want to do so you don't forget something, or put it in the wrong way. Worse scenario, take it off and clean the glue and start again. Simple hey
    Behold the fisherman. he riseth early in the morning and disturbeth the whole household. mighty are his preperations. he goes forth full of hope and when the day is ended, he returneth smelling of strong drink and the truth is not with him. originator unknown.

my stuff.... http://www.flytalk.co.za/forum/album.php?u=824[/SIZE]

Thanks Mario. Reading has helped big time and it's a thing that Art stresses....Don't rush, plan the steps you want to do so you don't forget something, or put it in the wrong way. Worse scenario, take it off and clean the glue and start again. Simple hey
    Very good advise - something I follow in a build. Rushing just makes f-ups!!
    Mario Geldenhuys

"All the tips or magical insights in the world can't replace devotion, dedication, commitment, and gumption - and there is not secret in that" - Glenn Brackett

Good work guys ! Keep it up. You've got the right mindset, take your time, check and then double check and you'll be 100% fine. There's only a few things that you can't undo easily if you make a mistake, all involve epoxy, so just take your time. It's a good idea to practice using your epoxies on a few dowels or something, just so you know how to mix it properly, how long it's potlife is etc etc. That way you don't get any surprises when you're working on your rod.

You buys are lucky the streams are all effed up. Now you have time to finish your rods.lol. Just playing boys. I can't wait to see it when it's done.
    Last edited by Jason; 23-09-08 at 10:32 AM.
    That’s the difference between me and the rest of the world! Happiness isn’t good enough for me! I demand euphoria! (Calvin and Hobbes)

http://pipersystem.com

Yea hopefully we will be able to use them at the Bells weekend. Took a while hey Shaun, but eventually got the cracker lit
    Behold the fisherman. he riseth early in the morning and disturbeth the whole household. mighty are his preperations. he goes forth full of hope and when the day is ended, he returneth smelling of strong drink and the truth is not with him. originator unknown.

Yea hopefully we will be able to use them at the Bells weekend. Took a while hey Shaun, but eventually got the cracker lit

I will let you play with mine if i can play with yours
    I think no innocent species of wit or pleasantry should be suppressed; and that a good pun may be admitted among the smaller excellencies of lively conversation.
    James Boswell.

[T]his planet is covered with sordid men who demand that he who spends time fishing shall show returns in fish. ~Leonidas Hubbard, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by nicholas View Post
    I will let you play with mine if i can play with yours
    it's a deal

Quick question to Rols and Morne. Did you guys "connect" all the pieces after finding the spine? Did you check that the rod is "straight" after connecting? I have found with the Forecast #2 4-piece that a lot of the blanks almost never line up straight when you align the pieces on the spine-line.

I'd check this, and rather align all the pieces to form the straightest possible line when the sections are connected.

Have a look down the connected pieces, you'll see what I mean.
    Mario Geldenhuys

Quote Originally Posted by smallstreams.co.za View Post
    Quick question to Rols and Morne. Did you guys "connect" all the pieces after finding the spine? Did you check that the rod is "straight" after connecting? I have found with the Forecast #2 4-piece that a lot of the blanks almost never line up straight when you align the pieces on the spine-line.

I'd check this, and rather align all the pieces to form the straightest possible line when the sections are connected.

Have a look down the connected pieces, you'll see what I mean.
    Mario I checked mine. There is only a very slightly downward curve (probably just gravity?) towards to frond of the rod.
    THE AFRICAN FLY ANGLER

If you're fly fishing as though you are 'in a contest', and the only objective is to 'catch fish' - you are missing the point .... and that is disappointing

"Fly fishing is for those who hold that the fun in the race of life is in the running, not just the winning, that existence is its own justification, that a day spent in a stream or a pond with a goal in mind is a joy even if the goal is not achieved."
    ~by Jon Margolis and Jeff MacNelly

Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast