View Poll Results: When fishing rivers were there is a bit of a walk in what do you normally do?

Voters
70. You may not vote on this poll
  • Do you hike in, in your wading boots?

41 58.57%
  • Do you hike in with hiking boots and switch up at the river?

5 7.14%
  • Are your hiking boots your wading boots?

21 30.00%
  • Are you hardcore like Fario and fish barefoot?

3 4.29%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Wading boots

Quote Originally Posted by garyatstealth View Post
    feltsoles will always out do a rubber sole boot when it comes to get in and stay in fishing i.e. the vaal. The felt grips way better, as we don't have the rocksnot enviromental issue here. Why bother using an alternative when there is no need.
    The rubbersole is good if you need to walk and wade like the cape and rhodes.
    The main advantage is the threadgrip you have on grass, mud, track and the like.

feltsoles if you are not carefull where you step can make you look like a pregnant fairy.i watched a guy do a fantstic swallow dive on the grass at Arendsnes. not pretty!!!
    The only reason it's not an enviromental issue is because it's already taken over the whole environment
    It's not in the catching, it's in the learning something new.
    view albums at. http://www.flytalk.co.za/forum/album.php?u=659

Quote Originally Posted by Herman Jooste View Post
    The only reason it's not an enviromental issue is because it's already taken over the whole environment
    Too true! and i have no idea how we would deal with to get rid of it. oh yes wear rubber soles!!
    just on that, have you seen just how much insect life there is on each strand of that unmentionable stuff. it's amazing how many caddis worms are on a string.

Quote Originally Posted by garyatstealth View Post
    Too true! and i have no idea how we would deal with to get rid of it. oh yes wear rubber soles!!
    just on that, have you seen just how much insect life there is on each strand of that unmentionable stuff. it's amazing how many caddis worms are on a string.
    Dont know why one complains of ''smarty grass'' it's a food chain, like P/PAY.
    Handle every situation like a dog.- If you cant hump it, piss on it and walk away. --JASPER.

Quote Originally Posted by poppernel View Post
    Was only joking.
    Handle every situation like a dog.- If you cant hump it, piss on it and walk away. --JASPER.

Quote Originally Posted by poppernel View Post
    Dave, you were quite correct. It is a wonderfull home for the "goggas" and filters the water beutifully. Vis at Eastco on Wed was at least 40" ( For those too young to understand inches, One Metre.)
    Yes the snot causes problems, but then again "cos it's there it makes you take off the blinkers and think out the box
    It's not in the catching, it's in the learning something new.
    view albums at. http://www.flytalk.co.za/forum/album.php?u=659

Quote Originally Posted by Herman Jooste View Post
    Dave, you were quite correct. It is a wonderfull home for the "goggas" and filters the water beutifully. Vis at Eastco on Wed was at least 40" ( For those too young to understand inches, One Metre.)
    Yes the snot causes problems, but then again "cos it's there it makes you take off the blinkers and think out the box
    HI Herman,

Tell me! Do your wading boots come with attachtment clip on fins for when you go ''on the drift''?

Dave

Chota's modified with Aquastealth soles.

Hike in with them. Ok for SB and HS, but not perfect for longer hikes like Witte. My feet get pretty bruised when hiking in these over rocky areas.

Hiking boots in and then swop not really an option, coz I don't use a backpack anymore, just large vest (already contains Monsoon jacket and emergency fleece in the back).
    Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery element are made for wise men to contemplate, and for fools to pass by without consideration - Izaak Walton

got a pair of wading boots fro alaska that have rubber soles that are used for hiknig and then can be changed to felt soles when you get to the river. Probably takes about 30 seconds to change. They work like a dream

Quote Originally Posted by swrali001 View Post
    got a pair of wading boots fro alaska that have rubber soles that are used for hiknig and then can be changed to felt soles when you get to the river. Probably takes about 30 seconds to change. They work like a dream
    Can you only get them from Alaska? Sounds like the thing we need...
    Behold the fisherman. he riseth early in the morning and disturbeth the whole household. mighty are his preperations. he goes forth full of hope and when the day is ended, he returneth smelling of strong drink and the truth is not with him. originator unknown.

my stuff.... http://www.flytalk.co.za/forum/album.php?u=824[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by swrali001 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by rols View Post
    Can you only get them from Alaska? Sounds like the thing we need...
    Amen brother! Give us a name brand or something to work with here. I'll pay top dollar for something like that.
    No PAIN No Gain

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast