Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Would'nt of thought of there????????

Blog Entries

Default Would'nt of thought of there????????

Continuing the dream species thread,got me thinking where would be a place to go flyfishing that not many people from SA would have gone or would have thought of going to. Now i am guessing not many have been here before,i have always wanted to travel through or up/down the steps of Mongolia now i discover i can go fishing there as well.

http://www.discovermongolia.mn/tours...el/Fishing.htm
    I think no innocent species of wit or pleasantry should be suppressed; and that a good pun may be admitted among the smaller excellencies of lively conversation.
    James Boswell.

[T]his planet is covered with sordid men who demand that he who spends time fishing shall show returns in fish. ~Leonidas Hubbard, Jr.

After seeing some photos in a book that Korrie showed me recently, Patagonia has gotto be the place.
    "Innocence is a wild trout. But we humans, being complicated, have to pursue innocence in complex ways" - Datus Proper

In South Africa, some more High altitude tribs of tribs of the Vaal.
    Elsewhere, Alaska,
    Those chroncles from Alaska were truly thought and dream provoking.
    It's not in the catching, it's in the learning something new.
    view albums at. http://www.flytalk.co.za/forum/album.php?u=659

Here's an exotic destination for you:

Kerguelen Islands in the sub-antarctic Pacific Ocean. Apparantly there are sea-going populations of brook trout, brown trout and coho salmon, and landlocked populations of Atlantic salmon.

There is no tourism there and you would probably have to get approval from the French military and hitch a lift on ship. Anyone up for it?
    Life is a series of trout missions with that numbing feeling in between...

My Album

Quote Originally Posted by KevinE View Post
    Here's an exotic destination for you:

Kerguelen Islands in the sub-antarctic Pacific Ocean. Apparantly there are sea-going populations of brook trout, brown trout and coho salmon, and landlocked populations of Atlantic salmon.

There is no tourism there and you would probably have to get approval from the French military and hitch a lift on ship. Anyone up for it?
    Once I'm grown up
    Sounds amazing, any further info/pics/links on the place??
    It's not in the catching, it's in the learning something new.
    view albums at. http://www.flytalk.co.za/forum/album.php?u=659

I don't have any real info Herman, just a conversation that I overheard, and some basic Googling. This would be a start from scratch expedition as virtually nobody has done it and there is no info out there.

No tour companies, no pics, no websites. Isn't that everyone's dream?

Here's a start:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kerguelen_Islands
    If you Google "Kerguelen Trout" you will find a number of scientific articles.
    Life is a series of trout missions with that numbing feeling in between...

My Album

I must admit this is a new one for me as well. I know some of the Froggie Navy dudes will investigate in the next week or so
    The more you know, the less you need (Aboriginal Australian proverb)

Only dead fish swim with the stream (Malcolm Muggeridge)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by KevinE View Post
    I don't have any real info Herman, just a conversation that I overheard, and some basic Googling. This would be a start from scratch expedition as virtually nobody has done it and there is no info out there.

No tour companies, no pics, no websites. Isn't that everyone's dream?

Here's a start:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kerguelen_Islands
    If you Google "Kerguelen Trout" you will find a number of scientific articles.

Thats the kind of thing i am talking about.......not sure if anyone has fished there let alone people from SA.
    I think no innocent species of wit or pleasantry should be suppressed; and that a good pun may be admitted among the smaller excellencies of lively conversation.
    James Boswell.

[T]his planet is covered with sordid men who demand that he who spends time fishing shall show returns in fish. ~Leonidas Hubbard, Jr.

Boksburg Dam? Hear it's pretty wild there And its not out of town, its out of touch.
    Last edited by Salty Bugger; 26-09-08 at 06:24 AM. Reason: Addition of comment
    Clive

"One final cast for luck, and the really last throw in honour of a fair lady ... If they don't rise to that, they are no gentlemen" - Anon

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Shelton View Post
    After seeing some photos in a book that Korrie showed me recently, Patagonia has gotto be the place.
    The Patagonia, Chris, refers to, is the Chilean Patagonia.

The Western side of Patagonia is much more wild, than the eastern side.

The Western side (Chile) has mountains etc, which makes it much more inacessible. The Eastern side (Argentinia) is more flat (plains type) accesable.
    THe Western side gets a lot more rain. A hell of a lot more rain.

Chris, are you joining me. It is on the planning list for next year. Not sure if I will be able to fit it in, But I have pencilled it in.
    Korrie Broos

Don't go knocking on Death's door, ring the bell and run like hell. He hates it. (anon)
    Nymphing, adds depth to your fly fishing.
    Nymphing, is fly fishing in another dimension

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast