Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Slammer Fly

GT and Paul Weingartz have the Slammer almost perfected. Paul mailed me a pic some time ago and it looks freekin awsome, realy a great fly. Paul said that he cannot give me the SBS as its a little secret recipy that they created. Maybe if you ask him nicely he will post the pic
    Photography Rules!
    www.dewaldkirsten.co.za

Quote Originally Posted by deewy View Post
    GT and Paul Weingartz have the Slammer almost perfected. Paul mailed me a pic some time ago and it looks freekin awsome, realy a great fly. Paul said that he cannot give me the SBS as its a little secret recipy that they created. Maybe if you ask him nicely he will post the pic
    It is merely a style of tying a streamer fly.

The locally produced Slammer or rainbow slammer came about after the success we had targetting Kingies locally with the PVS fly. It was then copied and tied commercially locally by a company and the closest thing known at that stage to them was the Mark Sedotti Slammer.

This fly hammered the Kingies a couple of seasons ago and is not really a secret. I designed it originally to look like a Flagtail or Rockbully as the Kingies loved eating these in the shallows. It is basicallly a weighted Streamer fly, tied with Naturals and in a profile style.

With the advent of newer age Synthetics I am tying a lot more imitative profiles with SF blend, etc. But the naturals will always have their place due to superior movement and water pushing abilities.
    Last edited by HolyGT; 08-10-08 at 08:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    I think it is for off shore Mozambique, it is for someone else.
    If it is do you have some other sugestions he could use instead of the slammer.
    For Offshore would go more for the Syn Profiles for top water as well as popppers/Gurglers.

Dredging deep with mega Clousers and Whistlers.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2