Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Fly fishers Nelspruit Area

Quote Originally Posted by sybie99 View Post
    Hi Guys

I'm moving to Nelspruit in about a months time, does anyone on this forum live in the area who could give me some info on all the local spots. I know there is loads of trout fishing nearby, of course Mozambique is not far and then possibly tiger fishing down at Komatipoort. What about the Crocodile river near town? I have also heard of a good tigerfish dam on the sabie river in Mozambique, just over the border. It would be great if someone can send me some details on all things fishy in Nelspruit, cant wait to start the weekend explorations.

Cheers

Sybrand
    Just make friends with the farmers around Nelspruit, 99% of farm dams in the area are FULL of bass and BIG kurper, not to mention Komatipoort area. Only problem is to get access

Hi Sybrand,

Ja, you are quite right with your info on all the areas...

There is a lot of fishing opportunities in the area, but I have to admit farmers are not really keen to let people fish on their farms these days...

But there are a lot of good fishing here in the area... especially bass!!

Tigers are small and concentrated in a few places. Ive also heard the dam on the Sabie in Moz is a very good Tiger spot, still have to go there though!!

The Blyde is good for Trout and the Crocodile good for yellows...

Anyway, let me know when you get here and we can make a plan to fish.

You can also ask Wolfie.

Let us know.

Cheers

Thanks Troep

Sounds awesome, I'll get hold of you guys when I arrive, organise a trip somewhere, seems you can basically go after any fish you like, not many parts of SA where you can do that

Cheers

Sybrand

Looking forward to the reports guy's as I will be up there for a weekend pretty soon.
    Our tradition is that of the first man who sneaked away to the creek when the tribe did not really need fish."

~by Roderick Haig-Brown

ola guys....always been in Nelspruit....have yonks of water all around to fish from Nelspruit, Carino, Brondal, Baberton, Hazy...including halls that a bit tricky with the new ownership, malelane, komati, hectorspruit, lydenburg, marra road the lot....

fly fishing virgin...have lots of water to share in exchange for more guidance and fly casting help lol....

Hi mj, im in nelspruit, sounds like you have access to all the prime venues, more than willing to give you some basic tuition if you will show me some of your honey holes!

Will send you a pm
    "Only when the last tree has died,and the last river has been poisoned,and the last fish has been caught,will we realize that we cannot eat money" - 19th Century Indian Creed

finally some local life!!!! Eureka!!!
    The principles in life you gather from fly-fishing will make you a better more successfull person...

Hi Guys I am also situated in nelspruit and have a couple of spots that I fish regularly.

Now that I'm gone... I miss that place...

Quote Originally Posted by Troep View Post
    Now that I'm gone... I miss that place...
    Apparently its something in the water!!!! I must say I don't miss Mordor in the least!!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast