Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 18 of 18

Thread: Flies i tied

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Gauteng Blairgowrie
    Posts
    541

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MyWorld View Post
    Now go and try them! See which one is your favourite fish taker (I have a hunch which one it will be but I would like to see the pictures of the fish with the fly in the mouth first!)

    I have a feeling it might be the Mustard caddis or the PTN with copper??

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Vanderbijlpark
    Posts
    7,319

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by andrewbuch View Post
    I have a feeling it might be the Mustard caddis or the PTN with copper??
    Andrew, it's up to you to find out which flies you have confidence in. The only way you will out is by fishing them
    So when are we going fishing
    It's not in the catching, it's in the learning something new.
    view albums at. http://www.flytalk.co.za/forum/album.php?u=659

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Gauteng Blairgowrie
    Posts
    541

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Herman Jooste View Post
    Andrew, it's up to you to find out which flies you have confidence in. The only way you will out is by fishing them
    So when are we going fishing
    I only said that to him cause in another post he said he would tie a sbs for the PTN..

    I finish exams on the 10th of Nov.. so anytime after that, unless Wed this week ..

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Vanderbijlpark
    Posts
    7,319

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by andrewbuch View Post
    I only said that to him cause in another post he said he would tie a sbs for the PTN..

    I finish exams on the 10th of Nov.. so anytime after that, unless Wed this week ..
    OK, now looking at my 10 000 year old progressive Almanac of the Celestial cycles , the Sunday 16th November seems to ring a bell ( pending unforseen famdamily intrusions )
    Maybe we could turn this into a Vaal trip ??????

    And the other's say ............
    It's not in the catching, it's in the learning something new.
    view albums at. http://www.flytalk.co.za/forum/album.php?u=659

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Gauteng Blairgowrie
    Posts
    541

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Herman Jooste View Post
    OK, now looking at my 10 000 year old progressive Almanac of the Celestial cycles , the Sunday 16th November seems to ring a bell ( pending unforseen famdamily intrusions )
    Maybe we could turn this into a Vaal trip ??????

    And the other's say ............
    yes please! Maybe another thread will be in order..

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Germany kzn
    Posts
    291

    Default

    Flies look good , well done
    "My biggest worry is that my wife (when I'm dead) will sell my fishing gear for what I said I paid for it."

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Gauteng
    Posts
    1,731

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by andrewbuch View Post
    Hi, UM embarassingly i dont quiet know which fly you are refering to..

    The ones with Mustard colour Chennelle is thick cause the Chenelle is a thick one.. no lead on them.. only 2 with lead was the Deer hair bug, and the Rubber band Control(top right)..
    OK....now for some advice, try and strip the piece of chenelle that you want to tie onto your hook (after stripping it you'll sit with a piece of white rope), then spin the chenelle forward.......this will create a thinner body which will help with sink rate.

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Gauteng Blairgowrie
    Posts
    541

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by C J View Post
    OK....now for some advice, try and strip the piece of chenelle that you want to tie onto your hook (after stripping it you'll sit with a piece of white rope), then spin the chenelle forward.......this will create a thinner body which will help with sink rate.
    thanks CJ, i did strip the first few mm off and tied this stripped section to the hook, then spun the rest of chennelle forward.. once i have gotten more hooks and finished exams, will be tying up each pattern in 4 sizes for practice.. will post some pics..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •