Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Carp With Bread Imitation

Question Carp With Bread Imitation

Has anybody caught carp on a bread imitation fly?? i was at a dam today throwing bread in to feet ducks and then carp(i think) started sucking the bread off the surface.. would a bread imitation have the same affect?? anybody made any bread imitations?? would i just use some white foam and stick a hook through it??

Cheers
    Andrew

HI Andrew,

A bulky type D.D.D. works well, bream as well love them.

Dave
    Handle every situation like a dog.- If you cant hump it, piss on it and walk away. --JASPER.

I've tried drifting a big deer hair bomb on the surface and also sunken, dead static fishing....and nothing, nada...absolutely no interest at all. Maybe I was just unlucky, but give me a crust of bread to put on my hook rather, I'm done with a bread immitation
    "Innocence is a wild trout. But we humans, being complicated, have to pursue innocence in complex ways" - Datus Proper

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Shelton View Post
    I've tried drifting a big deer hair bomb on the surface and also sunken, dead static fishing....and nothing, nada...absolutely no interest at all. Maybe I was just unlucky, but give me a crust of bread to put on my hook rather, I'm done with a bread immitation
    Unlucky then, also a good sunken fly is the white death which has caught its fair share of fish.

Dave
    Handle every situation like a dog.- If you cant hump it, piss on it and walk away. --JASPER.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Shelton View Post
    Would it be un Fly Fisherman like to throw some bread into the water and place my Foam & hook in amongst the bread?

Quote Originally Posted by andrewbuch View Post
    Would it be un Fly Fisherman like to throw some bread into the water and place my Foam & hook in amongst the bread?
    You decide, put it this way. I dont chuck minced chicken livers into the water to catch trout like I've heard some have done.

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by andrewbuch View Post
    The way I have seen carp sucking at bread, I have my doubts if you will fool them with a bread immitation in amongst the real thing. They are actually extremely clever fish, and from what I have observed they are seldom hurried into feeding, instead they take their time, sniffing, bumping, sucking, blowing before swallowing the hook....now why would they do that with a static immitation!
    "Innocence is a wild trout. But we humans, being complicated, have to pursue innocence in complex ways" - Datus Proper

a little bit of polar plus or white egg yarn "spun" around the hook with a pice of hd foam superglued on top works magic

you can use a large piece of foam and have it boyant "crust"
    or a medium for the bread "emerger"
    or smaller still for the neutral "soggy " sinking bread

c
    What ever you do never confuse Fishing With catching Fish !!!!
    Fish Are Friends Not Food

But your reasoning has a fatal flaw; it overlooks the fact that to comprehend it requires that one rub a few brain cells against each other. The heat thus generated produces the light that illuminates the fact, but alas, not everybody has the resource required to fuel the process --SG

Quote Originally Posted by damage View Post
    a little bit of polar plus or white egg yarn "spun" around the hook with a pice of hd foam superglued on top works magic

you can use a large piece of foam and have it boyant "crust"
    or a medium for the bread "emerger"
    or smaller still for the neutral "soggy " sinking bread

c
    Have you personally had success with this?

Believe me, I'm just as curious as Andrew to know what will work, it is just that my first few attempts have been extremely disappointing to say the least. I havent tried chumming yet.

yes ive had good success with this method
    its way more effective with chum or in a place where the carp expect to find bread (ducks /kids) but can work unaided
    I originaly tied them for the mullet but also saw carp sucking on bread

and Chris it "almost" counts as a dry !!!!!!

/d
    What ever you do never confuse Fishing With catching Fish !!!!
    Fish Are Friends Not Food

But your reasoning has a fatal flaw; it overlooks the fact that to comprehend it requires that one rub a few brain cells against each other. The heat thus generated produces the light that illuminates the fact, but alas, not everybody has the resource required to fuel the process --SG

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast