Thread: A little gem...

Talking A little gem...

You can throw your Sage, his Loomis and my Thomas & Thomas into the sea. (Popcorn is on the stove...). What you really want is one of these...

Got delivery of my new friend for next years year long South American mission and it is AMAZING! Smooth, responsive and powerfull yet progressive, dementive, obsessive and just about any other adjective you want to throw at it. Nice understated look with pucker finishes. Makes my T&T seem sleepy and sloppy (which is good in some circumstances) and as a 5 pc set-up in a travel situation throwing flies like these...

at fish like this...

I think I have a winner!

PS: This post was posted post a great lawn casting session at a distant fence (post), spent partly on this planet and partly in the clouds while imagining where this little stick life would take it. All views on this rod are my own.
    Last edited by Hackle; 31-10-08 at 09:40 AM.

And It works well in spots like this:
    Last edited by markdej; 31-10-08 at 09:42 AM.
    "All you need is ignorance and confidence and the success is sure." - Mark Twain

Awesome looking rod! I'm sure Mike must be smiling Let us know how it handles a fish!

Rob

Looks like you've got yourself a keeper there....very sweet looking rod! I'm looking forward to seeing some photos of the places it takes you to. Enjoy!
    "Innocence is a wild trout. But we humans, being complicated, have to pursue innocence in complex ways" - Datus Proper

Pheasant Tail Nymph Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Hackle View Post
    Got delivery of my new friend for next years year long South American mission and it is AMAZING! Smooth, responsive and powerfull yet progressive, dementive, obsessive and just about any other adjective you want to throw at it. Nice understated look with pucker finishes. Makes my T&T seem sleepy and sloppy (which is good in some circumstances) and as a 5 pc set-up in a travel situation throwing flies like these...
    Great looking rod, hackle. Forgive me if there is another post on somewhere else, but what is this year long South American mission you talk about?

Kind regards,
    PTN