Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Vioolsdriff - Orange River

Quote Originally Posted by smallstreams.co.za View Post
    Shouts of being Elitist Snobs are only thrown around when you've got nothing of substance to say. It's stale, put it to rest now and get a new punchline.
    You missed the 'wannabe' didn't you ? Or is it a case of selective recognition ?
    "Hierdie drol het baie vlieë" - Ago 2014.

Quote Originally Posted by Scythe View Post
    You missed the 'wannabe' didn't you ? Or is it a case of selective recognition ?
    No, I did not miss it, I am a wannabe.
    Mario Geldenhuys
    Smallstream fanatic, plus I do some other things that I can't tell you about

"All the tips or magical insights in the world can't replace devotion, dedication, commitment, and gumption - and there is not secret in that" - Glenn Brackett

Oh ffs...why dont the two of you get a room? Both are like damn old ugly latin women with wet knickers, man!

Why don't you just shoosh while the grownups are talking ?

Quote Originally Posted by smallstreams.co.za View Post
    I am a wannabe.
    So am I ... I am a wannabeasindenialasAndrea

Actually to be perfectly honest ... I am a wannabemoreonthewater

Quote Originally Posted by FastAction View Post
    Oh ffs...why dont the two of you get a room? Both are like damn old ugly latin women with wet knickers, man!
    Share the URL please.
    Mario Geldenhuys
    Smallstream fanatic, plus I do some other things that I can't tell you about

"All the tips or magical insights in the world can't replace devotion, dedication, commitment, and gumption - and there is not secret in that" - Glenn Brackett

Why don't you just shoosh while the grownups are talking ?
    I would if the grownups were a little taller, not so ugly, and actually not childish themselves.

You idiots sure know how to spoil a good thread with blabberings of B.S., ego-tripping and "holier-than-thou" attitudes.

Tell me something, do you guys fish with clickers in your pockets? If not, how the hell do you manage to keep accurate tallies above 50 fish? In my earlier years on the Elandspad when I still made a point of counting, I'd start to lose count at about 65 fish, and then I'd started doubting "now was that number 65 or 75?" Once I gave up the count I found that I could concentrate a bit better on my fishing and would usually go on to catch another 43...or was that 53?
    Last edited by Chris Shelton; 04-11-08 at 12:04 PM.
    "Innocence is a wild trout. But we humans, being complicated, have to pursue innocence in complex ways" - Datus Proper

I only count up to a certain point ... depends on how busy the day is ... winter fishing on the Vaal you can count easily unless you're having a whopper of a day ... those do happen.

Usually somewhere beyond 15 I rate it as a 'good day', who cares about the numbers.

Usually somewhere beyond 15 I rate it as a 'good day', who cares about the numbers.
    I couldnt agree more! 15 fish on any day for any species is a good day by any account. Anything more than that is too easy in my opinion and doesnt seem to add any more value to the day! I've always prefered to be kept kinda wanting at the end of the day, because that is what ultimately entices me back again. The more challenging, the more the appeal.
    "Innocence is a wild trout. But we humans, being complicated, have to pursue innocence in complex ways" - Datus Proper

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast