Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Permit Hermit Instructions

Many years ago, Tim ROlston, came up with a fly to imitate the Plover crabs.
    It work very well on the Wave Garrick in Natal.
    A similar construction could work for the Permit hermit flies? But then again maybe not.
    Korrie Broos

Don't go knocking on Death's door, ring the bell and run like hell. He hates it. (anon)
    Nymphing, adds depth to your fly fishing.
    Nymphing, is fly fishing in another dimension

Quote Originally Posted by Korrie View Post
    .....A similar construction could work for the Permit hermit flies? But then again maybe not.
    I remember that fly. Did some digging in my old magazines, the SBS is in the TCFF Dec/Jan 2000/2001 issue. Korrie I think you right, a similar construction should work. Tricky technique for the shell, but looks super when finished.
    "I'm just a beer drinker with a flyfishing problem"

Rory, Hi, hows it going ? been away o/seas working for 5 weeks. Back now and franticly tying flies for a Farquar trip in 2 weeks, if your mate is still looking for permit flies my recommendation is get some of Ben's Ufudu velcro flies I believe there simply is no more realistic crab fly in the world (except my own of course ! With a sinking and a swimming crab version I won't be using anything else for Permit and the bonus is that bones and triggers can't resist them ( thow in bumphead parrots too )cheers. Presented right of course !
    Last edited by Paul Weingartz; 07-11-08 at 07:55 PM. Reason: extra info

Default Seaweed Shrimp

Hi guys,

This is a seaweed shrimp that I tie.

DAVE

Last edited by poppernel; 07-08-09 at 01:07 PM. Reason: POSTED IN WRONG THREAD,
    Handle every situation like a dog.- If you cant hump it, piss on it and walk away. --JASPER.

Hi there Dave

On what hook size do you tie this? What do you fish it for?

A couple of years ago the guys caught some Grunter on a similar pattern in Keurbooms.

Nice fly.

Cheers
    MC

Quote Originally Posted by MCC View Post
    Hi there Dave

On what hook size do you tie this? What do you fish it for?

A couple of years ago the guys caught some Grunter on a similar pattern in Keurbooms.

Nice fly.

Cheers
    MC
    HI MC,

Posted this on wrong thread, was about to delete it, you were to quick for me.

Tied on a no:8 to be fished in estuaries or surf.

DAVE
    Handle every situation like a dog.- If you cant hump it, piss on it and walk away. --JASPER.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12