Thread: Tigerfish catches swallow in flight

Default Tigerfish catches swallow in flight

Pretty amazing, not sure what fly & retrieve you'd use for the imitation through

---------------------------------------------
    http://wildjohannesburg.blogspot.com

This footage was taken by students of Potch university.They showed us this 2 years back at the christiana festival.Very awesome

Watch out nê, once you get hooked on these things it is hard to go back to anything else in fresh water.
    "Hierdie drol het baie vlieë" - Ago 2014.

Obviously an African swallow, the fish has calculated the airspeed of an unladen one perfectly.
    I wonder if it was carrying a coconut?

This is very common and been happening in Komatipoort for many years. Komatipoort river but especially at one of the private dams there. My father never believed it till he saw it himself. Not sure the best time for it but it's spectacular to watch from what I hear. I haven't seen it myself but have heard many stories about it from the local fishing guide there.

Sent from my GT-N5100 using Tapatalk

I have personally seen it happen several years ago while fishing in the pan handle of the Okavango. We thought it was a barbell that nailed the swallow though. Seems the barbell and tigers do the same thing. The guides up there told us that it happens all the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grant111 View Post
    This is very common and been happening in Komatipoort for many years. Komatipoort river but especially at one of the private dams there. My father never believed it till he saw it himself. Not sure the best time for it but it's spectacular to watch from what I hear. I haven't seen it myself but have heard many stories about it from the local fishing guide there.

Sent from my GT-N5100 using Tapatalk
    Disclaimer.... none of my posts are intended to be "expert advice"..just opinions from someone who is willing to help where he can.