Thread: Rod handle/grip

Default Rod handle/grip

Good day.

My rod handle broke (cracked in half and the bottom section moves around the rod shaft) It is a 9 wt.

Were can I buy a new handle/grip. If I have to order what are the dimentions that ineed to know to ensure I get what I need? If any one in SA has a spare grip may I please buy it ?

Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by AB1 View Post
    Good day.

My rod handle broke (cracked in half and the bottom section moves around the rod shaft) It is a 9 wt.

Were can I buy a new handle/grip. If I have to order what are the dimentions that ineed to know to ensure I get what I need? If any one in SA has a spare grip may I please buy it ?

Thank you.
    How are you going to get the new grip on? Does the butt section have guides and/or a hook keep? If so, you'll have to strip all those off.

Anyway, Flyfishers Unlimited should have (got some from them this year). About R160 a grip, and you'll have to modify it as well, since it's a Full Wells. Maybe they have Reverse Half now.
    Mario Geldenhuys
    Smallstream fanatic, plus I do some other things that I can't tell you about

"All the tips or magical insights in the world can't replace devotion, dedication, commitment, and gumption - and there is not secret in that" - Glenn Brackett

Quote Originally Posted by AB1 View Post
    Good day.

Thank you.
    I would suggest asking Mike or Mario,

AFAIK each handle is turned from multiple cork rings. (approx 12)

Whilst the rod is there you can always opt for a little more customisation

Mark
    "All you need is ignorance and confidence and the success is sure." - Mark Twain