Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread: BLOKE FLy Rods

Quote Originally Posted by MaXiMuM View Post
    Google is your friend...

Try this one, just to start...

http://flyfishing.about.com/od/gear/...0-Fly-Rods.htm
    No, I meant stats that S.A. buys more Sage rods than the rest of the world, like you said...thats what I meant. Got info on that? Becuase I seriously doubt that.

Loop i know you are new to the forum,but this argument about Sage is never ending,the guys that use them swear by them and no amount of talk will change there view.........My original question from a while back has never really been answered, But doing my own reasearch recently has revealed to me that Sage is one of the best brands on the market but it really is an SA thing.....I discovered that of all the top brands avaible Sage has a much higher rate of purchase in SA compared to the other top brands which would mean that it has a certain amount of "i have got a Sage" factor,in fact compared to other top brands Sage has the SA market sewn up.... When you next visit your local tackle shop see how many other top brands are even on sale, T&T,Hardy,Bloke,Cabelas,Winston ect ect, i am sure if Winston actively marketed there products to the RIGHT Fly fisherman in SA i am sure within a few years they would be the rod to fish with.
    I think no innocent species of wit or pleasantry should be suppressed; and that a good pun may be admitted among the smaller excellencies of lively conversation.
    James Boswell.

[T]his planet is covered with sordid men who demand that he who spends time fishing shall show returns in fish. ~Leonidas Hubbard, Jr.

I never intended this thread to become yet another of those stupid knee-jerk reaction things from Sage fanatics!! ... it was simply an answer to a question posed by Nic, as well as asking if anyone knew these Bloke rods!

For G@ds Sake .. get over it!!! .. many of us own good rods (including Sage) but don't have to get all touchy when the name is mentioned!!!
    I always wanted to be somebody,but now I realize I should have been more specific.
    Alcohol is the anaesthesia by which we endure the operation of life. GBS

Quote Originally Posted by nicholas View Post
    Loop i know you are new to the forum,but this argument about Sage is never ending,the guys that use them swear by them and no amount of talk will change there view.........My original question from a while back has never really been answered, But doing my own reasearch recently has revealed to me that Sage is one of the best brands on the market but it really is an SA thing.....I discovered that of all the top brands avaible Sage has a much higher rate of purchase in SA compared to the other top brands which would mean that it has a certain amount of "i have got a Sage" factor,in fact compared to other top brands Sage has the SA market sewn up.... When you next visit your local tackle shop see how many other top brands are even on sale, T&T,Hardy,Bloke,Cabelas,Winston ect ect, i am sure if Winston actively marketed there products to the RIGHT Fly fisherman in SA i am sure within a few years they would be the rod to fish with.
    Hi Nicholas. Yes look, I dont knock Sage and their quality...its a really good rod, no doubt. Its just some people make it a status symbol. Like you say...the "I have a Sage" syndrome. I am sure Sage doesnt mind though...laughing all the way to the bank.

I am extremely pleased that Orvis is making a come back in SA. Going back to my childhood, shortly after the Fenwick glass fibre era, Orvis became THE rod to aspire towards with the advent of boron/graphite at that stage. The name was hot on the lips of all the top fly fisherman of the time and I still get a bit nostalgic everytime I hear mention of the name.
    "Innocence is a wild trout. But we humans, being complicated, have to pursue innocence in complex ways" - Datus Proper

Quote Originally Posted by Herman Jooste View Post
    ELBE RULES
    I lol'ed.... ha ha
    Mike McKeown

You're either fishing or waiting...

Quote Originally Posted by Loop View Post
    No, I meant stats that S.A. buys more Sage rods than the rest of the world, like you said...thats what I meant. Got info on that? Becuase I seriously doubt that.
    Unfortunately, you were the one who implied that...
    Mike McKeown

I did'nt start it...

I own a few Sages, and if someone says that they are poor or over priced and all that… I want to stand up for the product I purchased, trust and believe in.

Lets say that we all started slagging Alfa Romeo, Nicholas would be seriously upset.
    Mike McKeown

Quote Originally Posted by MaXiMuM View Post
    Lets say that we all started slagging Alfa Romeo, Nicholas would be seriously upset.

LOL, I should start that thread Not sure if you saw the thread Mike but my Alfa days are numbered, http://www.flytalk.co.za/forum/showthread.php?t=5303
    I think no innocent species of wit or pleasantry should be suppressed; and that a good pun may be admitted among the smaller excellencies of lively conversation.
    James Boswell.

[T]his planet is covered with sordid men who demand that he who spends time fishing shall show returns in fish. ~Leonidas Hubbard, Jr.

Has anyone heard of Bloke flyrods?
    "Innocence is a wild trout. But we humans, being complicated, have to pursue innocence in complex ways" - Datus Proper

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast