Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: red eyes on dragon patterns??

[QUOTE=poppernel;116000]Been fishing Gubu for about 10 yrs only, 2.2kg is about my biggest here. Have caught plenty as I have said right through summer, so wouldn't say it slows down, but you have to stray from your normal ff methods to get

have you found that bigger fish reside in different parts of the dam?

i found that fishing the grassy bank of doctors yielded fish usually just over 1kg but a few casts at otters creek (i think thats what its called...where the little bridge goes over) produced two rainbows of about 600g

[QUOTE=devin i;118028]
    Quote Originally Posted by poppernel View Post
    Been fishing Gubu for about 10 yrs only, 2.2kg is about my biggest here. Have caught plenty as I have said right through summer, so wouldn't say it slows down, but you have to stray from your normal ff methods to get

have you found that bigger fish reside in different parts of the dam?

i found that fishing the grassy bank of doctors yielded fish usually just over 1kg but a few casts at otters creek (i think thats what its called...where the little bridge goes over) produced two rainbows of about 600g
    HI Devin i,

Doctors is deadly in winter, being shallow it gets too warm in summer. Yes, certain areas like the rocks opposite the camping grounds yield big fish all year round. Van's Point, which is the point you have to go round from the clubhouse side to get to doctors also some good fish. Hikers hut, very good fish, but lot's of deep structure that cost you fish. The point on the camping ground side before you get to Hikers hut that is the entrance to Otters is great for dry fly fishing. Normally here one finds a wind lane with smooth water and then a rippled effect, great caddis dries to be used here. That about covers it.

Dam wall can only be fished from land due to safety rules. Often nice fish are taken here. Where the little bridge is, is the Causeway. Otters is the stretch behind the camping grounds.

Dave
    Last edited by poppernel; 30-11-08 at 11:56 AM.
    Handle every situation like a dog.- If you cant hump it, piss on it and walk away. --JASPER.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2