Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Stripping Basket

Remember that when using a stripping basket, you first need to get the line out, and then strip it into the basket. If you strip it into the basket directly from the reel, you end up casting line that is at the bottom of the basket, this can cause some serious tangles....hope i explained this correctly.

So what is the solution?? have as little excess line as possible?? They are R47,99 at Plastics for Africa lengold.

Anyone know where I could buy a few of these "shopping basket" type plastic baskets up in JHB?

Thanks..

Quote Originally Posted by Woolybugger View Post
    So what is the solution?? have as little excess line as possible?? They are R47,99 at Plastics for Africa lengold.
    No, you strip all of the line and a bit of backing out (as much as your longest cast) off the reel. Once this is all out of the reel, strip it back into the basket, from the backing end obviously. This way, the line lying at the top, will be the first to leave the basket when you make a cast, otherwise the line that comes out of the basket first, has to come from underneath the entire birds nest of line lying in the basket. Elimentary if you think about it, and it only really applies to the first cast you make.

I get it. No problem lengold. They have them in blue and yellow! haha

my solution is cast and strip line off your reel as you cast shoot the line in your hand then pull two long strips off then retrieve your fly putting all the line in the basket cast again if you throw all the line out of your basket and need more strip some more off before You retrieve

the idea is to cast all the line in your basket every cast or it can tangle and twist

here is my basket I use it for almost all my fishing inshore and offshore
    the spikes are from the silicone department (thanks delarays)
    they work way better than zip ties but are more effort to install

i've cut the ridge and handle off to allow it to bend and be more comfortable the strap is old seatbelt

one thing guys forget and Ive learnt the hard way is there are two times that line comes out of your basket

1 :Casting Tangles here are mildly irritating
    2:Big fish Tangles make u cry !!!

What ever you do never confuse Fishing With catching Fish !!!!
    Fish Are Friends Not Food

But your reasoning has a fatal flaw; it overlooks the fact that to comprehend it requires that one rub a few brain cells against each other. The heat thus generated produces the light that illuminates the fact, but alas, not everybody has the resource required to fuel the process --SG

One can also use golf tees...glue them in place sharp point facing up.

Again, anyone know where in JHB I can buy these types of shopping baskets? (Shy of stealing a few....)

plastics for africa
    What ever you do never confuse Fishing With catching Fish !!!!
    Fish Are Friends Not Food

But your reasoning has a fatal flaw; it overlooks the fact that to comprehend it requires that one rub a few brain cells against each other. The heat thus generated produces the light that illuminates the fact, but alas, not everybody has the resource required to fuel the process --SG

Quote Originally Posted by damage View Post
    plastics for africa
    I know that...thats Cape Town...I asked in Jhb. Or do they have a branch up here?

EDIT - Okay yes I see they have a branch in Fourways. Thanks for that.

Exactly what I want:

Last edited by Loop; 18-11-08 at 04:33 PM.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast