Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Catfish on the forum

Sorry,Joe is on the right of the picture.He is known as Catfishjoe.

Thanks fella's for the update about Harties.

I'll definitely let the lads know when I'm arriving - love to meet some of the blokes on this forum. Couple of characters hereabouts <grin>

On a separate note, anyone want to post a picture up of this huge man eating barbel or whale shark con.

I caught my first barbel on fly yesterday. Not a monster but great fun on a 5/6 wt. How about the experts on barbel share their top 5 barbel flies with the rest of us? Would like to know what flies they use.

Will post some soon.have to tie some again after the past weekend.Just remember that weight is a big factor when it comes to barbel flies.You will need different weights for different water depths and manner in which barbel turn.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Fish View Post
    How about the experts on barbel share their top 5 barbel flies with the rest of us?
    Barbel are easy, too easy at times, so flies aren''t really as important as getting it in front of one.

If you're looking for fly ideas, Favoured flies and select techniques of the Experts Vol 1, good articles by all of the well known Catfish on fly gurus.
    "Hierdie drol het baie vlieŽ" - Ago 2014.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123