Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: "Stren Coils" - Have you tried it yet?

Dear Ron and Korrie,

Thanks for your input. FYI I'm experimenting with these things in both stillwater and streams, using various colours, line weights, materials, applications and lengths. It is certainly keeping my febrile mind from total decomposition over the 'Festive' season! Will report back with my humble findings/experiences in the New Year
    The more you know, the less you need (Aboriginal Australian proverb)

Only dead fish swim with the stream (Malcolm Muggeridge)

Looking forward to hearing from you Chris

I was telling Korrie a few days ago, I experimented using Maxima 'pink' mono coils in various breaking strains on a few dams and streams around North-West/Limpopo and Mpumalanga provinces. I found them extremely easy to make thanks to all's good instructions. I found for smaller flies and lighter fishing I tied the 'straight bit' of each end with a three-turn water knot to each end - rather than using connecting loops. I reckon this would probably be a better option for still or slow-moving rivers/streams, except when the whole 'coil' is out of the water then it may be good for tricky and fast Vaal situations.

Anyway I'm still experimenting so can't really give anything resembling a definitive answer. But it is certainly a great option to work on
    Last edited by chris williams; 10-02-09 at 08:23 PM.
    The more you know, the less you need (Aboriginal Australian proverb)

Only dead fish swim with the stream (Malcolm Muggeridge)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3