Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast

Thread: Xmas Flyswop with a Twist

I'm adding a small Mustad flybox to the honey pot.It can easily carry about 50 dry flies or nymphs whatever the recipient prefer.

G

FlyFanatic Banned User

lol guys, im sitting here realizing that we could within the blink of an eye take over the entire commercial fly tying business!!

keep on giving folks!! this is awesome!!

FlyFanatic Banned User

i agree with Herman's suggestion, instead of giving this gift to one person, why not give it to a fly fishing organization who's purpose it is to help disadvantaged (physically/mentally/financially) ppl to get into the sport, where the entire flybox and rod/reel could then be used by the "club".

its not that i wont want any person on flytalk to receive this gift, on the contrary, i think most ppl here are totally worthy to receive this gift, but all of us that are on this forum, are privileged enough to be able to own our own ff gear and to buy or make our own flies. By giving this gift to a club or such organization who really needs this, makes more sense doesnt it??

my opinion, please feel free to differ!!

Quote Originally Posted by FlyFanatic View Post
    lol guys, im sitting here realizing that we could within the blink of an eye take over the entire commercial fly tying business!!

keep on giving folks!! this is awesome!!
    We all realise of course what we are doing here...?...this act of "giving" is actually entrapment!

Allow me to explain: with all those fly filled boxes, rod and reel, the poor luckless soul on the receiving end will be able to fish to their hearts content for a few seasons comfortably...then the flies start running out, and the rod and reel just ain't so good anymore...then they will start forking out the $$$$ on more flies, better rod and reel...entrapment I say again!

The "industry" actually owes us a favour by bringing another soul into the fold. Now how's about some kickbacks folks?

i agree with Herman's suggestion, instead of giving this gift to one person, why not give it to a fly fishing organization who's purpose it is to help disadvantaged (physically/mentally/financially) ppl to get into the sport, where the entire flybox and rod/reel could then be used by the "club".

its not that i wont want any person on flytalk to receive this gift, on the contrary, i think most ppl here are totally worthy to receive this gift, but all of us that are on this forum, are privileged enough to be able to own our own ff gear and to buy or make our own flies. By giving this gift to a club or such organization who really needs this, makes more sense doesnt it??

I have no problem with both your and Herman's suggestion of giving it to a club or organisation, but I'd rather give it to someone on the forum. Its not a big deal but it'd be nice to be able to "see" the lucky person on the forum, meet up with them at one of our gatherings etc. Sort of an encouragement thing... Anyway like I said its not too big a deal.

I finished tying the sweeties about an hour ago so send that postal address Mario
    Check your knots!

...why not give it to a fly fishing organization who's purpose it is to help disadvantaged (physically/mentally/financially) ppl to get into the sport, where the entire flybox and rod/reel could then be used by the "club".
    [snip]
    By giving this gift to a club or such organization who really needs this, makes more sense doesnt it??

Spot on.

(more lost souls, so the "industry" owes us even more! )

Quote Originally Posted by jock0 View Post
    I have no problem with both your and Herman's suggestion of giving it to a club or organisation, but I'd rather give it to someone on the forum. Its not a big deal but it'd be nice to be able to "see" the lucky person on the forum, meet up with them at one of our gatherings etc. Sort of an encouragement thing... Anyway like I said its not too big a deal.

I finished tying the sweeties about an hour ago so send that postal address Mario
    Ja, I agree this was started by one of us for one of us, and WE ALL jam-ed it up very nicly, we deffanatly don't need to look outside for someone to give it to.

We all give, but remember this was not started as a charity donation, it is to be a great and unexpected Christmas present, and that we as givers would like to see it thouroly being used in return.

We can how ever launch a charity FF thing in the futare, but right now we want to spoil somone
    because

IT'S CHRISTMAS !!

Ps. Where is the spell check on this bloody thing ?
    Last edited by Fisher; 16-12-08 at 01:44 PM.
    There is not a single bad person on earth, only persons that have been badly influenced.

If you would like to be better person, remove the things that have a negative influence on you TODAY.

Quote Originally Posted by gerrit View Post
    Ps.Kom jy nog Saterdag?
    Ek dog dit was laas saterag
    There is not a single bad person on earth, only persons that have been badly influenced.

If you would like to be better person, remove the things that have a negative influence on you TODAY.

Pheasant Tail Nymph Banned User

WOW!! This is turning into a great thread! I support Mario's decision to separate the rod and the box. Giving it to one of the contributors is a nice idea, however, I do also support giving it to someone else. Do what seems best.

I think I might be able to make further contributions, but I'll post that later(before I burn my fingertips here)

Bless all of you that are making this such a great venture!
    PTN

Father Mario Christmas......nice one Uncle Santa. I will send 5 cdc nymphs and 5 parachute adams flies. Been offline for a while so quickly trying to take in all the news. I have never met her, but a forum candidate as Santa suggested in his first post would, for me be Elise. She has been a bit quiete on the forum lately but some of the CURRIE CUP LOSERS might know how she is doing. I also am part of a diabetes study at Tygerburg Hospital. Whenever I am there, the one Doctor corners me and we go through my chart in 5 minutes and talk fishing for the next half hour. She has 3 sons and they are fishing befok...Grandpa bought a fly rod and wants them to follow this discipline. They are coming to me this week sometime so I can show them about FF, Dad included. They are all keen as they saw Grandpa "doing his thing".......funny how we FF are always "doing our thing" but never "casting" Anyway, these kids are keen as anything. So, Santa, if you could pencil them in.....I think they will run with this and definately become little demon FF. So Ya....my flies will be a little late as always.....
    Behold the fisherman. he riseth early in the morning and disturbeth the whole household. mighty are his preperations. he goes forth full of hope and when the day is ended, he returneth smelling of strong drink and the truth is not with him. originator unknown.

my stuff.... http://www.flytalk.co.za/forum/album.php?u=824[/SIZE]

Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast