Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: popping techniques for leeries

thanks guys
    it's been bugging me all morning. i even tried christmas shiny wrapping but it's too stiff. going to see if i can get some and will keep you posted.
    thanks again

Ebf

Does Suburban have the pearl colour?

MC

Gogga Banned User

Hey Guy's

The stuff we use over here is called silli skin, it comes already coated in mother of pearl, silver or whatever you want.

The inside bit - is sticky and the outer bit is smooth - a bit like pulling a sticker of the base sheet, if you know what I mean.

I know its dam expensive (for what you get) but the flies do work in certain conditions. I don't think that it will be the panacea to all your fishing situations - however, it is a handy fly to have in your arsenal. I will not go after Tarpon without the floating version.

All the best
    Mike

thanks mike
    the stuff we got is sticky on both sides, so you can understand it's a bit of a pain. managed to get some stuff from my wifes art supplies and seems to work. will throw a line later for bass to see how it goes.
    cheers
    roland

Quote Originally Posted by Gogga View Post
    Hey Guy's

The stuff we use over here is called silli skin, it comes already coated in mother of pearl, silver or whatever you want.

The inside bit - is sticky and the outer bit is smooth - a bit like pulling a sticker of the base sheet, if you know what I mean.

I know its dam expensive (for what you get) but the flies do work in certain conditions. I don't think that it will be the panacea to all your fishing situations - however, it is a handy fly to have in your arsenal. I will not go after Tarpon without the floating version.

All the best
    Mike
    Im about to order a whole bunch of this stuff (silli skin) from AA Outfitters. How strong is it? Is it going to get mauled by the first fish that takes a swipe at it or will it last a few fish??
    Around the steel no tortur'd worm shall twine, No blood of living insect stain my line;
    Let me, less cruel, cast feather'd hook, With pliant rod athwart the pebbled brook,
    Silent along the mazy margin stray, And with fur-wrought fly delude the prey

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4