Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Bling Mayfly Step by Step

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    Hi Darryl,
    Nice looking fly have you tried different colors for the hackle and body?
    i use one very similar with a black Flashabou body and a natural CDC feather for the hackle.
    Cheers
    Ian
    Hi Ian,

Yes I tie it in a range of colours including black, orange, holo red, holo green, holo blue etc. The holo red body works extremely well.
    “Apparently people don't like the truth, but I do like it; I like it because it upsets a lot of people. If you show them enough times that their arguments are bullshit, then maybe just once, one of them will say, 'Oh! Wait a minute - I was wrong.' I live for that happening. Rare, I assure you” ― Lemmy Kilmister

Reap the Whirlwind - WM

Paradise = A 3wt Rod & a fist full of someone else's #32 parachutes

Thanks I will try the red one.
    It sounds good.
    Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by dlampert View Post
    Hi Mark,

I use the Gordon Griffiths thread because it's very strong, very thin and splits easily. I am not too concerned about what it looks like as long as it holds the material on the hook The flash does make it look white - dialed it down a bit but obviously not enough.
    Well that settles that! I need some, I need some NOW! Imported or locally procured?

Mark
    "All you need is ignorance and confidence and the success is sure." - Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by markdej View Post
    Well that settles that! I need some, I need some NOW! Imported or locally procured?

Mark
    Hi Mark,

At one stage I saw it locally but haven't seen it for a while. I usually import mine from either http://www.bearlodgeangler.com/thread.htm or www.aaoutfitters.com - I don't think Gene lists it but he will get it for you.
    “Apparently people don't like the truth, but I do like it; I like it because it upsets a lot of people. If you show them enough times that their arguments are bullshit, then maybe just once, one of them will say, 'Oh! Wait a minute - I was wrong.' I live for that happening. Rare, I assure you” ― Lemmy Kilmister

Reap the Whirlwind - WM

Awesome fly D!

Here's another idea which looks really good. Yeah it's a soft hackle but the idea will apply to dries as well. My Soft hackle for the fly swap is based on this but it has the stretched blue body, black dubbing rib and black hackle. Definately a fisherman catcher!
    "So here’s my point. Don’t go and get your ego all out of proportion because you can tie a fly and catch a fish that’s dumb enough to eat a car key.." - Louis Cahill - Gink and Gasoline

Another quality addition to the SBS Archive, thanks Dr. Lampert.

ps : Very much in love with your CDC aren't you ?
    Last edited by Scythe; 07-01-09 at 01:15 AM.
    "Hierdie drol het baie vlieë" - Ago 2014.

Quote Originally Posted by gkieser View Post
    Awesome fly D!

Here's another idea which looks really good. Yeah it's a soft hackle but the idea will apply to dries as well. My Soft hackle for the fly swap is based on this but it has the stretched blue body, black dubbing rib and black hackle. Definately a fisherman catcher!
    Thanks Grant, very nice looking flies on that link - might do some of those for the fly swap as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Scythe View Post
    Another quality addition to the SBS Archive, thanks Dr. Lampert.

ps : Very much in love with your CDC aren't you ?
    Thanks Bertu, does it show that much? Thanks for the chat yesterday, still waiting for your email.

Regards,
    Darryl

Reap the Whirlwind - WM

Yup, this ones definitely gets a lot of takes! landing the buggers is a different story though...
    Check your knots!

How about the trees, do the trees love them as much as the fish ?
    "Hierdie drol het baie vlieë" - Ago 2014.

Quote Originally Posted by Scythe View Post
    How about the trees, do the trees love them as much as the fish ?
    Think I lost one to the trees and two to fish. That 6x stuff is tricky business Got the hang of it by the end of the day and Darryl was kind enough to give me one so I'll try my best to tie a few.
    Check your knots!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast