Page 35 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2526272829303132333435

Thread: Sterkies report back

Blog Entries

Thanks Firephish - The weather is looking good for the weekend - little wind and high temps. I am just hoping the water temp is high enough. Its kind of a recce solo mission, so I can pretty much decide on Friday afternoon.
    Check out some of my FF pics - http://www.flickr.com/photos/30562135@N07/

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
    If you're brave you drive as far as you can across the short wall, then launch around Sandy bay and the fish areas 5 and 6 as mentioned above from the Ark. As Graham says be very very careful and at any sign of a storm or high winds get off the water ASAP. Check foreacsats too but dont take them as gospel and keep a bailing bucket in the boat just in case and maybe a life jacket.
    Hey Guys

I never actually did a report back on the Ark trip - It was actually super easy and not scary at all. We had some pretty decent wind and swell, but since its not a rigid bottom, you kind of just glided over the swells. Of course we were very safe and didnt go quickly etc. With two okes in the boat, it makes for slow going with a 5hp, but its a hell of a lot better than walking. We didnt fish off the boat much, but rather used it for access to get to some places it would have been hard to walk into. We got about 4 - 6 fish each a day. A big storm came on the last afternoon, but we got off the water way before the rain started coming down hard. We camp in an awesome spot at the resort - ablutions such, but view is amazing. Really fun trip - Like I said in previous post - really looking forward to doing it again this weekend.
    Check out some of my FF pics - http://www.flickr.com/photos/30562135@N07/

Page 35 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2526272829303132333435