Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Hitting the salt tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by HolyGT View Post
    At least you had a good pull. I wasn't aware that the pier has been fenched off, only the harbour authorities will know why...

There has been a fair bit of Kingie action in the Bay, so getting there early(before sunrise) in the week and fishing the banks and drop-offs might be very rewarding. I am sure the Skippies are also still around.

If you have access to a kayak it will make life a lot easier, also will help in stalking the tailing Grunter.
    After that pic you posted of the shark attack.....I think it would be an idea to practice distance casting so you can stand a good few feet away from anything "chompable"
    Behold the fisherman. he riseth early in the morning and disturbeth the whole household. mighty are his preperations. he goes forth full of hope and when the day is ended, he returneth smelling of strong drink and the truth is not with him. originator unknown.

my stuff.... http://www.flytalk.co.za/forum/album.php?u=824[/SIZE]

I've seen a lot of sharks in the water, mostly while I was surfing. Normally I don't worry too much...but that pic...bleh!!

The Pier you are referring to has been fenced off quite a while now, we have had a few run ins with the police there about 2 years ago. I also had the privelege to be standing waist deep in the Bay when a "scaleless" fish cleared the water about 100 meters from where we were fishing. It was very early morning & still quite dark, but the lights from the ships & docks gave enough light for us to see this fish had no scales. They are definitely there!!

A good place for Kingies is the Royal Zulu - near the Bluff yacht club. Wade the banks & fish the drop off's.

Cheers
    Alan
    Born to fish, forced to work

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2