Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Sonstraal Petition

If I may give my little bit here perhaps. I think part of the bigger problem is the people who live in the area. Don't forget, this was a development back then and the salesperson quoted .......probably, (exclusive rights,... tranquil views,... safe walks around "your" private stretch of water....)
    Now all of a sudden there are some damn fisher people invading "MY" tranquil enviro.. I have twice been confronted by the people living on the fringes at the dam. I spoke nicely and tried to explain that I'm here just to chill and hopefully catch a fish that realisticly I have not managed to get yet and it's a challenge. My interpretation of the confrontations, and this is only my gut feel, and my personal view, and what I said to my wife when I got home, always sums up my day. I said.....Sheet, a brick (edited) those people are a stuck up bunch, waiting for someone to come fish, so they can rush over and tell you to bugger off. I will never forget this, as I said to Debbie, "That guy never even enjoyed his lunch or whatever was on the tv, as he was sitting in front of that window, waiting for a fisherperson to rock up so he could puff up and amble over to the dam and have his "this is my territory" moment.
    So in a nutshell.....I think we need to go straight to the law and say why the fishermen? Yes I know, education on safe and healthy fishing ettiquette (sp)
    fark, but why not the birds?. These people are supposed to manage the place. Surely there must be a......so many toilets.....so many entrants rule to them as well???
    Anyway, thanks for doing this, we all cut our teeth on sonstraal and vygeboom and it's down the road. I just have to find a way of writing a letter and try not pussy footing around the farking ducks and d!ckheads
    Behold the fisherman. he riseth early in the morning and disturbeth the whole household. mighty are his preperations. he goes forth full of hope and when the day is ended, he returneth smelling of strong drink and the truth is not with him. originator unknown.

my stuff.... http://www.flytalk.co.za/forum/album.php?u=824[/SIZE]

Yes Rols no more pussy footing around, we were sworn at from a dizzy hight at 7AM on a Sunday morning, by a very sour looking Oom. We told him we're just stretching the memory out of our lines a bit, it only looks like we fishing didn't work he lost his sense of humour completely after that
    Some men go to church on Sundays thinking about fishing, others go fishing thinking about G0d.

A management plan is out for comment on the Durbanville dams. Awsome spots for sighted karp fishing (that is if you guys regard carp as a fish). Now's the time to speak up or for ever hold your piece. Email me for futher info rseebach@gmail.com

check out the latest issue of Noseweek. The Sonstraal Dam issue, makes for interesting reading.

Quote Originally Posted by Chucky07 View Post
    Yes Rols no more pussy footing around, we were sworn at from a dizzy hight at 7AM on a Sunday morning, by a very sour looking Oom. We told him we're just stretching the memory out of our lines a bit, it only looks like we fishing didn't work he lost his sense of humour completely after that
    If you want real action then you go and do casting practice every day lots people, no fly, just casting.
    That is not fishing and you wear them out.
    You tell me and people where it is
    Vlad the impaler (of fish)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2