Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cdc

Default Cdc

I was going to tie up a few dries to tempt the Grass carp of Lower Vaal again, so a visit to the local "Flyshop" was the first thing on my mind. I had no CDC left so I was looking at getting a few feathers. With the basket half full of stuff that I don't really need I found the CDC. F%$&* R99.00 for a packet containing 4(yes Four) feathers.
    Please let me know where I can get it a decent price.

You have PM.

I recently bought from Frontier, R35. Couldn't believe the price so I bought a lot

Yep. Frontier Flyfishing has loads of good CDC, and at a good price.

Mike

This has been mentioned on this forum before - this is how I came about the info when I was looking for CDC last year - do a search for "CDC"...

If you want to tie a lot, or make your investment last, the bulk packs by 'Sprit River' are the way to go.

Frontier are Spirit River stockists, and also John Yelland at Upstream in Cape Town. I just got my order from John this week. R140 seems to be the going rate...check your prices tho.
    Jan L. KorrŻbel
    Nottingham Road Village

Anyone know these. Im thinking of getting some. At R39 a packet landed here it might not be to bad considering its quite long feathers.

Giorgio Benecchi CDC Devaux

These are prime quality plumes averaging 45-50mm long excellent for emergers. there are 18 feathers in each pack.

5 different colours are available: white, light dun, salmon pink, yellow, green

The other options is the Marc Petitjean CDC (1g) at about R100 landed here or the Hareline CDC at About R25 landed here.

Also managed to get two packs of 1g CDC feathers(white and natural) for R110 which was a bargain.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    THE AFRICAN FLY ANGLER

If you're fly fishing as though you are 'in a contest', and the only objective is to 'catch fish' - you are missing the point .... and that is disappointing

"Fly fishing is for those who hold that the fun in the race of life is in the running, not just the winning, that existence is its own justification, that a day spent in a stream or a pond with a goal in mind is a joy even if the goal is not achieved."
    ~by Jon Margolis and Jeff MacNelly

Let me throw this in here then and come clean, use it, don't use it:
    http://www.weizterfish.com/shop/inde...ath=69_146_147

Quote Originally Posted by Morne View Post
    Anyone know these. Im thinking of getting some. At R39 a packet landed here it might not be to bad considering its quite long feathers.

Giorgio Benecchi CDC Devaux

These are prime quality plumes averaging 45-50mm long excellent for emergers. there are 18 feathers in each pack.
    According to the previous thread I mentioned was in this forum, the Bennechi is good quality stuff.

Re the long feathers - depends on your application I guess. I have been using CDC to date for #14/16 nymphs for stream application, and the variety of feathers in the bulk pack suits me. For this application, the CDC is palmered forward, so you strip half the CDC to lessen the bulk (kills me every time I have to do it...)

For your emerger patterns, you going to use the full feather to form the upper "wing loop", and you want exactly the same result every time, so perhaps a consistent bag of hand picked feathers is the way to go...?
    Jan L. KorrŻbel
    Nottingham Road Village

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    Yep. Frontier Flyfishing has loads of good CDC, and at a good price.

Mike
    I heared that Frontiers are experiencing problems getting stock of Spirit River materials.
    If this is so, it would be a pity, as I thought that we finally had a reliable source for good CDC. Can anyone confirm this???

Jip they have a 90 day waiting period.
    Gerrit Viljoen

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast