Thread: Tigerfish!

Post Tigerfish!

This holiday we are going to the Victoria Falls and on our way there we are staying at places were we can catch tigerfish! If someone has some advice on what flies to use and maybe a SBS or two it would help a lot! Another thing is where do you buy wire for the tip of the leader

Howzit Dirk!

I wrote a article on our trip last year. Here is the link.

At the end of the report I explained some of the equipment i used and a picture of the clouser that worked best for me.

You can get the wire at most fishing shops - it is normal wire trace and I used 12kg breaking strain. I have heard from two people recently that for the zambezi a clouser with white underwing and blue overwing is a very good combination .
    "So here’s my point. Don’t go and get your ego all out of proportion because you can tie a fly and catch a fish that’s dumb enough to eat a car key.." - Louis Cahill - Gink and Gasoline

Hi Dirk,

we used clousers which caught a lot of fish. We then chaged to black bucktails which resulted in bigger fish and less rod tips being broken.

PS We tried wireless. Not a good idea.

Thanks Grant for the great report on your trip, now I can hardly wait! 10 in 1 I wil definitely try some of those flies.

Grant did you catch any fish on the surface or did you mostly use your di7?

dirk
    Remember to wear a finger guard and not the neoprene one's as a frisky tiger will cut your finger on DI7.
    I have earned my sargeants stripes and nearly lost a finger in the process!