Thread: Carp in winter

Default Carp in winter

hi all.

thinking of stalking them carp in n nice little dam near my house. I know there is HUGE carp there(ive seen them) but know i want to catch them on fly. will my tactics need to change because of winter?

thinking of sight fishing with a dry and dropper...

time of the? after 11am to let the top water warm up a bit?

what do you pros think?

Blog Entries

definetly not a pro,but watched Sean Mills's DVD recently and the key to catching them is being able to cast the fly just in front of ther nose,or cast into bubble lines where they are feeding. Not sure on how to fish for them blind??? Get yourself a copy of the DVD it really is the best on the market when it come sto catching Carp on fly,it be interesting to hear what Sean has to say about catching them in winter??
    I think no innocent species of wit or pleasantry should be suppressed; and that a good pun may be admitted among the smaller excellencies of lively conversation.
    James Boswell.

[T]his planet is covered with sordid men who demand that he who spends time fishing shall show returns in fish. ~Leonidas Hubbard, Jr.

thanks for the reply.

so where can we get Sean to answer n few questions?? would live a carp at the other end of my line this weekend...weather permitted.

Rudolph
    No matter how busy you may think you are, you must find time for reading, or surrender yourself to self-chosen ignorance.
    Confucius

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rendier View Post
    How did you find that so quick??????

Or buy the DVD,Seans not online as much as he use to be but look out for hime he pops in every now and agin
    I think no innocent species of wit or pleasantry should be suppressed; and that a good pun may be admitted among the smaller excellencies of lively conversation.
    James Boswell.

[T]his planet is covered with sordid men who demand that he who spends time fishing shall show returns in fish. ~Leonidas Hubbard, Jr.

Nick, stop worrying about winter carp and start focussing on summer trout, sea trout and grayling... Does Ann still run the Arundell Arms? Finish your packing, have a great flight/hols - and take lots of pics!

LOL OMR
    The more you know, the less you need (Aboriginal Australian proverb)

Only dead fish swim with the stream (Malcolm Muggeridge)