Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Realistic tying

Default Realistic tying

I am not sure whether this has been on the forum but it is worth a second posting.Some of these are just mind boggling.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Good heavens.....
    I have seen some of Murray Peddar's realistic flies, but these are seriously amazing.

Core fly, also google Keith Wallington, he is also into realistic and semi realistic tying and as he comes from South Africa originally his Vaal patterns are astounding to say the least.

I also know he is on Danica.
    "Hierdie drol het baie vlieŽ" - Ago 2014.

Not for me. I can appreciate the skill that goes into tying one of those flies, but I'll eat a box of wooly buggers if they outfish suggestive patterns

Quote Originally Posted by Conrad Botes View Post
    Not for me. I can appreciate the skill that goes into tying one of those flies, but I'll eat a box of wooly buggers if they outfish suggestive patterns
    ya, but these flies are not usually fished. With a few dozen hours of work per fly, I'm not surprised. Realistic tying is an art form, and completely impractical for fishing.

Quote Originally Posted by Andre View Post
    ya, but these flies are not usually fished. With a few dozen hours of work per fly, I'm not surprised. Realistic tying is an art form, and completely impractical for fishing.

So they just sit on a shelf?
    Last edited by Conrad Botes; 16-07-09 at 07:38 AM.

Fishing Adventures Banned User

They are still awesome, and one has to really appreciate the work,

Quote Originally Posted by Scythe View Post
    Core fly, also google Keith Wallington, he is also into realistic and semi realistic tying and as he comes from South Africa originally his Vaal patterns are astounding to say the least.

I also know he is on Danica.
    Sweat.that is what I have been looking for.
    I must say that when it comes to Tying these realistic patterns,besides just being arty you will need to know your materials and what you are able to do with them.The mayfly paterns almost look like they caught one and threaded it it on the hook it is so good.

While, as Andre has said, ultra realism is completely useless ito of fishing, you can tie realistic patterns that are fishable and last more than one fish.

Keith likes to work on realistic patterns you can still tie in 10 minutes and has spent some time developing them, it would be a good idea to check out his blog and find out what he's done recently.

There should be a link to his tying blog from the YellowsOnFly blog http://yellowsonfly.blogspot.com
    "Hierdie drol het baie vlieŽ" - Ago 2014.

Remember quite a while back someone posted flies by the guy who uses them in jewelrey. I thought those were also amazing. A nice talent to have though, irrespective if you use them to fish or not. I look at some of my patterns and often just say "eish" and it's not in awe
    Behold the fisherman. he riseth early in the morning and disturbeth the whole household. mighty are his preperations. he goes forth full of hope and when the day is ended, he returneth smelling of strong drink and the truth is not with him. originator unknown.

my stuff.... http://www.flytalk.co.za/forum/album.php?u=824[/SIZE]

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast