Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Bass at Lakenvlei

Default Bass at Lakenvlei

Chaps! New to the forum...but been flyfishing for a lifetime. Hope to share and learn.

a Question if I may...I recently took a trip to Lakenvlei in the Cape, and we caught some really nice bass, up to 2.5kg.
    Anyone else have info on where the really big boys lurk around there? And tackle tactics, flies, and so on.
    We did get trout too...but were going specifically for the bass.
    There can only be one.

Quote Originally Posted by FlyMaster View Post
    Chaps! New to the forum...but been flyfishing for a lifetime. Hope to share and learn.

a Question if I may...I recently took a trip to Lakenvlei in the Cape, and we caught some really nice bass, up to 2.5kg.
    Anyone else have info on where the really big boys lurk around there? And tackle tactics, flies, and so on.
    We did get trout too...but were going specifically for the bass.
    You must have the wrong dam. lakensvlei in the Cape does not have any bass. rainbow and brown trout only. If you caught a bass at larkies, you will be the first person in living memory to have ever done this.

Its close to Ceres...near De Eiken Boerdery. Theres only one Lakenvlei dam there, surely? We fish it whenever we are in CT, & had some inside info from a bassing guy that there were decent bass in the dam lately.
    We caught some nice ones, had to identify the holding spots but we got 'em.
    Mostly on subsurface baitfish patterns...baby rainbow imitations, deceivers & so forth. Just wondering if anyone else is targeting them and what tactics and patterns work for them.
    There can only be one.

Its close to Ceres...near De Eiken Boerdery. Theres only one Lakenvlei dam there, surely? We fish it whenever we are in CT, & had some inside info from a bassing guy that there were decent bass in the dam lately.
    Mostly on subsurface baitfish patterns...baby rainbow imitations, deceivers & so forth. Just wondering if anyone else is targeting them and what tactics and patterns work for them.
    I like to catch the newly stocked Browns and use them as live bait, "On dad" is guaranteed
    The closer one gets to realizing his destiny, the more that destiny becomes his true reason for being! Paulo Coelho

Give me some more detail on where it isas I don't know De Eiken Boerdery.
    Yes there is only one Lakensvlei in Ceres, but it aint got no bass...sorry.
    You are definatly talking about some other dam....I hope

Any fly fisher who wears a hat like Flymaster should surely never be taken seriously!
    "Innocence is a wild trout. But we humans, being complicated, have to pursue innocence in complex ways" - Datus Proper

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Shelton View Post
    Any fly fisher who wears a hat like Flymaster should surely never be taken seriously!
    Especially if the fish he catches wear matching necklaces
    The closer one gets to realizing his destiny, the more that destiny becomes his true reason for being! Paulo Coelho

Quote Originally Posted by Umhlangarox View Post
    Especially if the fish he catches wear matching necklaces
    I've heard that behind closed doors there are matching earrings to go with that
    "Innocence is a wild trout. But we humans, being complicated, have to pursue innocence in complex ways" - Datus Proper

I like the overall look ... he is a FFF.

Flamboyant Fly Fisher ... now he just needs spandex and some pradas and he will have raised the bar for the rest of you Capies to follow.
    "Hierdie drol het baie vlieë" - Ago 2014.

ya, but then the king of gullibility...moi......falls for it . I wont be caught again....

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast