Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: First salty fly attempt

Quote Originally Posted by redhumpy View Post
    No - try some rice grains, it will stop it from clogging.
    Blerrie nar!

That fly will deffinately catch fish! My biggest saltwater fish have been taken on sparsely tied clousers with lots of flash! I caught a 15 kilo, 12 kilo, 10 kilo and a 9 kilo leerfish on #4 chartreuse and white clouser minnows. I also like a longer shank hook. Keep up the good work!
    May the fish be with you!!! www.seanmillsflyfishing.weebly.com

Hey guys....

just got my vice and wanted to get opinions of my first creations..... seems this is the thread to get advice from........

You JUST got your vice ???

Those look pretty blerrie decent to me, well done !
    "Hierdie drol het baie vlieë" - Ago 2014.

Nice flies for sure especially the popper.

The advise I can give you is to start with bucktail rather than the supreme hair, will if you guys wanna shoot me down, then so be it, but I started with naturals and moved onto the synthetics. If you go for the synthetics I would rather use the deadly dazzle than the supreme hair, allot more movement and I must still get a fish on supreme hair. It does work fine for toothy fish, like snoek barracouda etc.

Hope that I could help and please do ask questions if you are not sure about something.

Dewald
    Photography Rules!
    www.dewaldkirsten.co.za

With regards to baitfish imitations and flies...look no further than Enrico Puglisi materials, and Steve Farrar's SF Flash Blends. That stuff is the bizznizz.
    Especially combining EP 3-D Fibres, SF Flash Blends, and EP Silky 3-D Fibres.
    In different colour combo's, the stuff is incredibly lifelike and the movement in the water is fantastic.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    With regards to baitfish imitations and flies...look no further than Enrico Puglisi materials, and Steve Farrar's SF Flash Blends. That stuff is the bizznizz.
    Especially combining EP 3-D Fibres, SF Flash Blends, and EP Silky 3-D Fibres.
    In different colour combo's, the stuff is incredibly lifelike and the movement in the water is fantastic.
    I have never used EP fibres, and I have never seen it in cape town, the SF blend works fine for me, tied a nice 1/0 finger mullet profile fly, must still test it before I can say it works.

The EP baitfish flies look absolutly awsome and you can make nice markings on them with permanent markers. I still recon you can tie some decent largie flies with either SF blend or EP fibres.
    Photography Rules!
    www.dewaldkirsten.co.za

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2