Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: The One that got away

The Mother Fekkers are forcing us all to carry some kind of weapon and inevitably take law into our own hands...

I am so the bliksiming and sad...I dont know what more to say on this thread
    Bubble, Bubble, Bubble and Squeak...I think this mixture is too weak!!!???" (Wrex Tarr)

I somehow remember a quote," walk quietly and carry a big stick". When alone in a secluded spot, you are creating an opportunity for criminals the same way lone animals create opportunities for predators. That is when bigger teeth and badder attitudes make the difference. BTW that was a good shot, but he missed the left ball somewhat.
    wat weet 'n mol van kaas

There we where, 10 against a thousand and boy did we get F@ked up, all 1000 of us

I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed person

Isnt it ironic, we want to save the planet, should we not be saving ourselves. Btw did someone tell you your fuze is lit.

Quote Originally Posted by windknot View Post
    I BTW that was a good shot, but he missed the left ball somewhat.
    I agree, brilliant shot actually! Taking a shot with a pistol whilst treading water and under adversity is something that isn't even taught at combat school. Not the easiest of things to do with any consistent degree of accuracy, yet the man still hit the target! Respect!!
    "Innocence is a wild trout. But we humans, being complicated, have to pursue innocence in complex ways" - Datus Proper

It does help that he had military training, is a accomplished combat shot and lastly a commercial diver with gills instead of lungs!
    Last edited by HolyGT; 27-07-09 at 09:46 AM.

This is just sad! Makes you angry as hell

Quote Originally Posted by HolyGT View Post
    You are spot on, it is a serious chopping tool. I have seen a big one used to 'behead' a bull with one stroke. The smaller ones are more for hand-to-hand combat, stabbing/disembowling the opponent - that's what made the Gurkhas feared fighters.
    Made from tempered leaf springs. It is a serious weapon in the right hands!

Incidentally, the same thing happened to a friend of mine at Rocky Bay, on the South Coast. he was attacked with a sharpened chisel and a toy gun. Luckily he was quick on the draw, and the assailant ended up in the sea. The guy got 12 years in prison for attempted murder and armed robbery, sentenced a year ago.

Personally, I would have just put one in his head and let the receding tide do its job...
    You are a perishable item. Live accordingly.

Sigh..............
    Last edited by dar; 09-10-09 at 07:41 AM.

Following up on this - last week the court proceedings wrapped up with "Hop-along" or Ilean as he became know to us, found guilty of a whole host of crimes that unfolded during this case.

He will be sentenced this week, but his brother is still out there somewhere enjoying his freedom.

Biggest punishment he will probably get is not from the courts, but from his would be victim that has left him minus 1 leg.

Man that’s a terrible story! I do allot of traveling in the Transkei and never had a problem - Whenever I'm in the EC I carry a switchblade but never had to take it out. Carrying a gun makes you a target too unfortunately. I spoke to a martial arts school that specializes in knife fighting, looking to get some training, and the intructor told me, you can train all you life but knife fights are usually a matter of who has the bigger blade and therefore the longest reach. My favourite self defense weapons of all the - A small headed but long Knopkerri - can use it as a wading pole and the intimidation factor is quite high too

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3