Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Strange but true

Quote Originally Posted by looseknot View Post
    are we seriously actually getting somewhere or nowhere? think about this. a site
    with all the right guys, all the right knowledge, all the right everything. what are we doing about it? about as much as the anc has done for it's followers! im probably going to get shit for that but hey tough! STOP complaining and be pro-active. if see this happening go over to the guy no matter who he is grow some balls and stand up for the fish if you cant do it for yourself and correct him!

not meaning any disrespect to the guys who actually do whats necessary!

Pro Active ? what do you think this whole thread is about ?

If you can find Hennie Papenfuss please sort him out and inform him !!!
    Last edited by tye2; 17-02-07 at 03:35 PM.

Oh, I thought that you were talking about another video, this one they fished the spawning beds on one of the feeder streams to Sterkies for SM, was pretty disappointed with their behaviour
    Fly-fishing surpasses the need to actually catch a fish, it becomes a mindset, and with time, an obsession.

Lord,grant that I may catch a fish so big that even I,
    When speaking afterwards,
    May have no need to lie.
    Amen

Default pro active

yes this site is here for a reason. and its doing alot of justice, but as was mentioned there are plenty of new comers who perhaps are not as privileged as us about even knowing it exists. so they then go and watch a dodgy dvd...... instead of us actually saying hey dude you messing up our water, we just nod our heads and mumble under our hats! and you dont have to beat the guy with your rod tube, help him and if he does not want help. take your camera, take a pic and post it up on the site. thats what i mean by being pro active. and if you know of these dvd's mention there names so we can do something about it. stop being passive and or submissive be aggressive! one last thing im not attacking you im dearly pissed off at the situation like we all are!
    doing my bit to conserve are you?

Quote Originally Posted by Nymph+O- View Post
    I sent my wife to the local tackle dealer to pick up some Hare's Mask. Afterwards she expressed her disgust towards us fly tying okes for utilising these poor furry/feathery creatures to produce flies.
    Now, I'm not exactly sure about my facts but surely these poor animals get shot and hunted for their skins/feathers cause business is good..... now come on.... they are definitely not road kill or donors
    ja Ferdie - my first though was that we must be married to the same woman -but then I realized that 1) she will never go ff shopping for me 2) I don’t want her to go cause then she will see how much money I actually spend on equipment and 3) if she ever walks into a FF store she will kill every living person in a "fit of rage" by seeing all the slaughtered animal hides etc. and I am sure that would make the 8 o'clock news.

but don’t worry your little head, FF is BIG business and for that reason alone these animals gets bread for that purpose - like Farmer Brown does for chickens. I remember seeing a local insert on a Fly Tying company in SA (think it was in Harrismith, cant recall the brand but I am sure we can all guess who they are) about how they are providing work for the "community" and I tell you for a SA company supplying flies locally only that was a decent size operation - counted about 20 woman sitting all day tying! now imagine the big companies abroad which we import most of the stuff from, I can promise you it will be cheaper for them to breed the animal then to pay some oke to gallivant all over the countryside with a shot gun to only return with 5 dead Peacock or Ring neck Peasants etc. once a week..... that is what I think anyway!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3