Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Having fun in British Columbia

Gogga Banned User

Default Having fun in British Columbia

A few pic's from last weeks fishing on the Vancouver Island. As you can see we had a great time and nailed a good few fish.

Last edited by Gogga; 16-02-11 at 07:45 AM.

Gogga Banned User

Last edited by Gogga; 16-02-11 at 07:45 AM.

Gogga Banned User

If you look closely at the pictures you will see that there is some "home grown" kit being used - I like to use stuff from home and give the locals a taste / "Gat Skop" every now and then.

Sadly some of the kit blew up during the week and am waiting for a response from SA as to warrantees etc. The Felty / Predator reels where great and worked a treat - I tried to get my hands on a Shilton reel to test (SL6/7)- but no one here sells the stuff. Same goes for the Horizon rods.

I used mostly 10 - 12 weight rods as these Chinook's will blow anything else away - Sage RPLXI AND Xi2's did well with only the 9 weight Xi2 breaking on the last day, Stealth 12 weight magnum + did its share as did the CND Oceana (double hander switch rod)

Reels - The predators did well as did the Vossler S series of reels - I smoked a few Ross big game reels, as well as an Akuma Helios - most reels will smoke then rattle in less than a minute if not up to the job, these fish run at 35 - 40 lb and will strip you of 200 meters of backing in seconds, so we are kind of tough on our kit.

It's pretty cool having these fish a few K's from home, After living in the UK for the last Five years it's a pleasure fishing here, and chasing real fish....................................

All the best
    Mike
    Last edited by Gogga; 12-10-06 at 06:08 AM.

Great big chinooks those are Mike, well done.

Are you based on Vancouver Island or on the mainland?

Hey Mike, whats the employment opportunities like over there ?

EISH

ha ha ha ha ha!

Brilliant fish bru! Those pics make a man seriously jealous!

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Cox View Post
    ha ha ha ha ha!

Brilliant fish bru! Those pics make a man seriously jealous!
    Oh Boy, Pleeeeeez let me win the Lotto with fish like that available I hate my job
    It's not in the catching, it's in the learning something new.
    view albums at. http://www.flytalk.co.za/forum/album.php?u=659

Gogga Banned User

Hey Kevin,

I'm based on the mainland, about 40 mins drive from the Vedder / Chilliwack rivers and about the same from Vancouver - The Fraser river is only 10 min from home - so I get a fair amount of fishing done weekly, when I’m not traveling.

Pierre - There is a huge demand for skilled labor over here at the moment with the 2010 Olympics (Winter) coming - so if you want to live in flyfishing paradise now’s the perfect time to start looking.

Thanks for the replies guy's it's nice to talk to the manne back home ......

All the best
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Gogga View Post
    Hey Kevin,

I'm based on the mainland, about 40 mins drive from the Vedder / Chilliwack rivers and about the same from Vancouver - The Fraser river is only 10 min from home - so I get a fair amount of fishing done weekly, when I’m not traveling.

Pierre - There is a huge demand for skilled labor over here at the moment with the 2010 Olympics (Winter) coming - so if you want to live in flyfishing paradise now’s the perfect time to start looking.

Thanks for the replies guy's it's nice to talk to the manne back home ......

All the best
    Mike
    What a pleasure it was to log on now and find your awesome photos and article, thanks Mike!! I would like to use the opportunity to extend a personal welcome to you. Nice to have you aboard and I hope to read a lot more about the way things are in your parts.

Now tell me something, are all the fish there so damn ugly? hehe
    Last edited by Chris Shelton; 12-10-06 at 11:20 PM.

Yoh Yoh Yoh

Eish

Haaikona

Yoh Yoh Yoh...
    Mike McKeown

You're either fishing or waiting...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.