Thread: YWG Pamphlet

Default YWG Pamphlet

I'm sure this has been posted before but here it is again because I don't think it can be seen too many times. It's also a great read for anyone new to yellow fishing.

Thanks to the fishing owl www.fishingowl.co.za

everyone is a "guru" these days - re

I have a couple of hundred originals of this pamphlet if anyone would like some for their clubs, work etc?

Cheers
    Chris
    The more you know, the less you need (Aboriginal Australian proverb)

Only dead fish swim with the stream (Malcolm Muggeridge)

Default Any yellowfish to stock dams

Hi, I have a couple of large dams in Gordons bay and was wondering where I can get yellowfish to stock.
    A couple of years back I owned the local fishing store and was aprouched by someone from yellowfish conservation society looking for dams to stock.
    Do you know if this is still going on? or someone to contact on the matter. All help is most appreiciated.
    Best regards Andy Rowe
    andyrowex2@gmail.com

FlyFanatic Banned User

hi there, you could try to contact the fishery at hartebeespoort dam, im not sure if they still exist, but i know they did sell fingerlings of many indigenous freshwater species some time ago. good luck!

pamphlet at top of thread

Good work guys! I will do what I can from my side.

As for the hatchery thing........I don't think there are any running actually or even producing yellows. The one in Lydenburg might but they would have the Lowveld small and largescale.

Best is to contact: Department of Ichthyology and Fisheries Science, Rhodes University, PO Box 94, Grahamstown 6140, South Africa

hey guys... i would realy like some original pamphelts that i can copy or just print to put in a fishing shop please!!! i realy would like to help with this issue.

Hi all,

I was at FOSAF Northvaal committee meeting on Tuesday. We will put out by next Monday theofficial wording for an updated more punchy pamphlet and I will also contribute financially towards the printing of the 10,000 copies for which a whole load of my 'do...- not talk hot air' Forum mates have actioned

Hopefully they will be ready for our Mavungana flyfishing day at Saints Saturday week - to which you're all welcome

Cheers,
    Chris
    The more you know, the less you need (Aboriginal Australian proverb)

Only dead fish swim with the stream (Malcolm Muggeridge)