Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: crease fly

Quote Originally Posted by swsmith View Post
    arno...whats the biggest u tie ur crease flies on?
    Up to 8/0 - on Gama's SL12's.

I'm back into trying these flies. Just battling to make them durable. The superglue is obviously making them brittle and have had the foam bodies break off from the hook.I see some of the guys have pulled mylar tubing over the foam body. Any one tried this. My glue does burn the foam. Maybe this is the problem and I need to get some loctite 406 as mentioned.
    stephen is wishing he was fishing location x right now.......

Stephen Smith

Steve I use silicone and modified clothes pegs to keep it in place while it dries makes the whole fly a lillte more squishy ( it doesn't eat the foam an stick your fingers together like sg )
    On the durability thing you can't fish last seasons flies :0)!!
    /d
    What ever you do never confuse Fishing With catching Fish !!!!
    Fish Are Friends Not Food

But your reasoning has a fatal flaw; it overlooks the fact that to comprehend it requires that one rub a few brain cells against each other. The heat thus generated produces the light that illuminates the fact, but alas, not everybody has the resource required to fuel the process --SG

Quote Originally Posted by swsmith View Post
    I'm back into trying these flies. Just battling to make them durable. The superglue is obviously making them brittle and have had the foam bodies break off from the hook.I see some of the guys have pulled mylar tubing over the foam body. Any one tried this. My glue does burn the foam. Maybe this is the problem and I need to get some loctite 406 as mentioned.
    have you tried contact adhesive or bostick?
    "If you dont have almost unlimited patience, forget about becoming an accomplished saltwater fly angler" Jack Samson

Havnt tried that yet.I don't extend the foam over the hookshank,I believe it affects the hook gape.what I'm going to try and do is tie a flat piece of plastic ontop of the hook shank. This way I can glue the foam to the pastic aswell as the hook shank.don't know if that makes sense.
    Last edited by swsmith; 31-01-11 at 05:39 PM.
    stephen is wishing he was fishing location x right now.......

Stephen Smith

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2