Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Red Eye Damsel SBS

especially like the last one...i need to get some nymph rib stuff
    "I see the fly float gently down out of the air and land on target. For less than an instant I think, how can this be? Did I actually do that? But there is no time to contemplate philosophy or magic or the rewards of hard work. A trout is on the move..." - Ed Engle, Fishing Small Flies

Thanks for that Morne. Interesting that you put the soft hackle up the body like that.

The "Kamberg Nymph" pattern used up here is essentially also a small (#12 short shank, and down) Red-Eye Damsel. I have only ever seen them (and tied them) with chennille eyes, but plan on making some up with the mono / bead eyes.

Tie in the eyes about 1/4 down from the hook eye, tie in marabou by the tips so that you have a long tail, say 2x shank if short shank, and then simply wind the marabou butts up the shank and figure-8 over the eyes.

Nice and simple. Seen them in olive, brown and black with eyes in red, white and black.
    Jan L. Korrûbel
    Nottingham Road Village

HI Morne,

Love both the ties. Your first fly, maybe use filoplume for more movement. Love it anyways.

DAVE
    Handle every situation like a dog.- If you cant hump it, piss on it and walk away. --JASPER.

Quote Originally Posted by Morne View Post
    Thanks guys.

I have a small soft hackle damsel that I use on the rivers when Roland starts bragging about how he is out fishing me to put him back in his place. It never fails.
    jou bl!ksem,......I just saw this now.....the next time you ask me to undo a tangle.....I'm cutting it all off, for a look later. Jou Bliksem again....For you,..Sundays curry is going to be hot :
    Behold the fisherman. he riseth early in the morning and disturbeth the whole household. mighty are his preperations. he goes forth full of hope and when the day is ended, he returneth smelling of strong drink and the truth is not with him. originator unknown.

my stuff.... http://www.flytalk.co.za/forum/album.php?u=824[/SIZE]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2