Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bass in the City Bowl

Quote Originally Posted by Andre View Post
    You should also try the dams at Pollsmore Prision. They have bass and carp. If you go to the main gate, tell them you want to go fishing, they will let you in after signing the security register, and give you directions down to the dams.
    It seems that all prisons in the country has a dam for fishing.

Now how do I get a list and geographical address of every prison.

There has ( hoping. hoping, ) to be one with Tiger Fish waters somewhere. ( Zimbabwe excluded, the whole country is a prison and therefore dosn't count. )
    It's not in the catching, it's in the learning something new.
    view albums at. http://www.flytalk.co.za/forum/album.php?u=659

Quote Originally Posted by Herman Jooste View Post
    It seems that all prisons in the country has a dam for fishing.

Now how do I get a list and geographical address of every prison.
    Hang out with me a bit more - you get free accommodation as well, but you have to bring your own beer..
    The more you know, the less you need (Aboriginal Australian proverb)

Only dead fish swim with the stream (Malcolm Muggeridge)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Andre View Post
    You should also try the dams at Pollsmore Prision. They have bass and carp. If you go to the main gate, tell them you want to go fishing, they will let you in after signing the security register, and give you directions down to the dams.
    Ah thats a great tip! Thanks very much! My folks live in the area and that makes for great convenience! I have also heard about some bass in the fresh waterside of Zandvlei near right up near the railway tracks in Lakeside - Seem some ppl there, but lots of reeds and a float tube prob your best bet. Weather is bad the whole week and the L pressure will prob send the Bass off the bite - Going to hit the Quarry in the City Bowl as soon as the cloud lifts!

A few years ago, I used to fish the quarry regularly. The fish where small, feeding off insects mostly and it often took long casts along the rock wall to your left and the brush pile at the base of the cliff to get any takes. Havent been there for years now but unless its been cleared out those should still be the likely spots. Very small spinners and grubs on ultra light spinning tackle and small deerhair poppers, woolly buggers and dragonfly imitations on a 5/6 wt with a floating line should do the trick.
    wat weet 'n mol van kaas

There we where, 10 against a thousand and boy did we get F@ked up, all 1000 of us

I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed person

Isnt it ironic, we want to save the planet, should we not be saving ourselves. Btw did someone tell you your fuze is lit.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12