Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Bass in the City Bowl

Default Bass in the City Bowl

Hey Guys

I have heard rumors of some bass water in the City Bowl - up in the reservoir Vredehoek?

I know the water, but doubt there are any fish in there, does anyone shed some light? Desperate to find some waters in and around the Peninsula for a quick cast or two during the week . . . .

Thanks!

Jade

hi jade,send neptune a pm.he will have sum answer 4 u.
    stephen is wishing he was fishing location x right now.......

Stephen Smith

Yes, in the quarry, next to the tampax towers. Plentyy of bass, but you really gotta want to go there. There is also a bass dam with some trout, at the University, next to the M3. Apparently you just need to go to the sports dept, pay about R20 and you can fish for the day.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Andre View Post
    Yes, in the quarry, next to the tampax towers. Plentyy of bass, but you really gotta want to go there. There is also a bass dam with some trout, at the University, next to the M3. Apparently you just need to go to the sports dept, pay about R20 and you can fish for the day.
    Ah thats great news, I live and work in the city bowl, so it makes life allot easier and more entertaining! Going to try with some conventional tackle 1st to test the waters!

Thanks very much!

The quarry is around the corner from me. I go there every now and again.
    Some baitcasters as well. (only 2 or 3)
    It is pleasant to go there for a hour or 2.
    Somtimes the are very very fusy. Also some carp in there.
    But if the SE howls down the mountain, dont worry to go. To windy.
    Korrie Broos

Don't go knocking on Death's door, ring the bell and run like hell. He hates it. (anon)
    Nymphing, adds depth to your fly fishing.
    Nymphing, is fly fishing in another dimension

Quote Originally Posted by Andre View Post
    Last time I checked, this venue was no longer being stocked with trout due to poaching. People also brought their dogs for a swim while you were fishing. I was a member for a couple of years and the fishing was good for a while.
    So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish.

Quote Originally Posted by Korrie View Post
    The quarry is around the corner from me. I go there every now and again.
    Some baitcasters as well. (only 2 or 3)
    It is pleasant to go there for a hour or 2.
    Somtimes the are very very fusy. Also some carp in there.
    But if the SE howls down the mountain, dont worry to go. To windy.
    Thanks very much, I lived on St James road and actually walked past the quarry a few times, but never thought there would be bass in there! Going to grab my ultralite rod and some worms and head up there sometime this weekend since I'm not getting to the streams! I've also heard of a dam in Constantia near Pagasvlei rd amongst the vineyards that also has a good head of bass, but struggled to find it on Google earth!

Quote Originally Posted by JadeDsantos View Post
    Thanks very much, I lived on St James road and actually walked past the quarry a few times, but never thought there would be bass in there! Going to grab my ultralite rod and some worms and head up there sometime this weekend since I'm not getting to the streams! I've also heard of a dam in Constantia near Pagasvlei rd amongst the vineyards that also has a good head of bass, but struggled to find it on Google earth!
    There are 2 dams in Constantia.
    Not sure you can fish both, the 1 is on a "public" walkway.
    Korrie Broos

Don't go knocking on Death's door, ring the bell and run like hell. He hates it. (anon)
    Nymphing, adds depth to your fly fishing.
    Nymphing, is fly fishing in another dimension

Quote Originally Posted by Korrie View Post
    There are 2 dams in Constantia.
    Not sure you can fish both, the 1 is on a "public" walkway.
    Mmmm I would love to chat to a few farm managers about whats in their waters and maybe showering them with gifts - I've caught some nice carp in the Steenberg Vineyard dam, but still looking for bass in urban waters.

You should also try the dams at Pollsmore Prision. They have bass and carp. If you go to the main gate, tell them you want to go fishing, they will let you in after signing the security register, and give you directions down to the dams.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast