Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Another victim

Default Another victim

Well my weekend started with a bang.Stopped infront of my local Spar last night,grabbed 2 packs of meat and when I got outside my nissan 1400 with gearlock,GONE.At first I laughed in disbelief thinking the car was out of gear and rolled away,but not so.3 min is probably a long time for a car thief.Some sod in Lesotho is driving a virtually new car today.Its funny though how one always goes back to the questions,what if or if only.If I maybe looked back.and and and ....

you have all my sympathy. SORRY.
    Korrie Broos

Don't go knocking on Death's door, ring the bell and run like hell. He hates it. (anon)
    Nymphing, adds depth to your fly fishing.
    Nymphing, is fly fishing in another dimension

Core, sorry to hear. Hope your insurance doesn't give you uphill like we have been hearing of late.

Come and live in the Midlands - things much quieter here on THAT front....
    Jan L. Korrûbel
    Nottingham Road Village

Ja, that's terrible news...what pee's me off is this type of thing always seems to happen to the good guys as well - the one positive thing, at least you're OK and that really is the main thing...
    The more you know, the less you need (Aboriginal Australian proverb)

Only dead fish swim with the stream (Malcolm Muggeridge)

That is what I said.At least I wasnt hijacked or something,as this is what they are doing at this mall.Bloem is not the sleepy hollow it used to be,just the cops are.I think the sindicates find us an easy target area.

My sympathies Core! Sorry man
    I had a braai and my place with a couple of mates last night. Heard a strange noise at the cars but at first shrugged it off, but my instinct eventually got the better of me and I went to check it out.
    Swambos friends Toyota conquest's doors, the ignition and the gearlock were all stripped with the ignition wires pulled ready to be hotwired. Never saw the buggers, probably heard me coming and split but I another 2minutes and the car would have been gone.
    You have got to be so alert nowdays. Hope they get your car back man, but at least you ok thats the most important thing.

Rob

Booger Rose Banned User

Hi Core, thats just k@k! Hope you gonna do some fishing and have a great day, just to make you feel better. Glad you're OK.

Quote Originally Posted by core fly View Post
    That is what I said.At least I wasnt hijacked or something,as this is what they are doing at this mall.Bloem is not the sleepy hollow it used to be,just the cops are.I think the sindicates find us an easy target area.
    Core!! Remember!!

The cops do not act as car/parking officials. They can only react on a reported matter, so it is invalid to blame them.

Sorry about your loss, at least as you say, you were not hi-jacked or put in any harmful situations.

DAVE
    Handle every situation like a dog.- If you cant hump it, piss on it and walk away. --JASPER.

Core!!!

That is a lekker k.a.k one!!! Sorry bort!!!
    Bubble, Bubble, Bubble and Squeak...I think this mixture is too weak!!!???" (Wrex Tarr)

Shammers, talking of same, I am told myself and my son/daughter still are H1N1 'unfriendly' - just got 're-diagnosed' a moment ago at Sandton Clinic- I had to even leave the pub/our footie tournament at Pirates..

No ways I can make tomo ayem - helluva sorry

regards
    Chris
    The more you know, the less you need (Aboriginal Australian proverb)

Only dead fish swim with the stream (Malcolm Muggeridge)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast