Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Olla

Default Olla

Hi Guys

I was taken to the Vaal today by a mate for the first time. Didnt land anything but the Yellows and even muddies were large and fat not to mention in the mood for spwning that is. i am a complete noob to flyfishing had a basic setup for years but the first time i have had the opportuninty to go out with someone that knows what they doing. am keen on learning what you guys have on offer. my background is from the coaast so i am more used to rock and surf and dropshotting. but must say this flyfishin bug has bitten. must just hide the credit card

Boet, wait till the fly tying bug wacks....then you will need more then one credit card....but eish, it is worth it....
    Bubble, Bubble, Bubble and Squeak...I think this mixture is too weak!!!???" (Wrex Tarr)

Welcome to the addiction...

Enjoy the forum!
    "We all fish for our own enjoyment - me for mine and you for yours, nobody can say what is right and what is wrong." - Jim Leisenring

HI and WELCOME,!!

Enjoy the forums and meet the the ff in your area. This is the ''tops'' in catching and releasing fish, with the odd one for the pan.

DAVE
    Handle every situation like a dog.- If you cant hump it, piss on it and walk away. --JASPER.

Quote Originally Posted by poppernel View Post
    HI and WELCOME,!!

Enjoy the forums and meet the the ff in your area. This is the ''tops'' in catching and releasing fish, with the odd one for the pan.

DAVE
    Refering to trout and bass etc.. not yellows!!!

DAVE
    Handle every situation like a dog.- If you cant hump it, piss on it and walk away. --JASPER.

Welcome to the forum!

As the bug bites harder and the credit card shows signs of melt down just remember the fisherman's prayer: I pray that when I die my wife does not sell my tackle for what I told her I paid for it! hehe!

But to temper that sentiment I also believe that he who dies with the most toys wins!

Fishing is great, what a wonderful challenge; catch fish, accumulate toys and have lots of fun!
    Fisherman - We're all born honest but we soon get over it!

well whent out todaqy again

and actually caught and landed three fish not yellows and i know muddies are plentiful but it is a step closer to the yellow

a few others on the river, i got a bit hacked as they were fishing the spawning area like fish in a barrel were pulling a fish every two minutes but what gets me is they are not going for the challenge.

but hey different strokes,

anyway thanks for the welcome guys appreciate it, and yeh i am already looking at the gear i want to get from the net to boots to the pouches to the flies i am avoiding the tying part as i want to get into this sport proper before i go that route but i like making things and it could be nice for display purposes my grandad used to make and he made some awsome ones so we will see

till the elusive yellow bites

Quote Originally Posted by drewmill View Post
    well whent out todaqy again

and actually caught and landed three fish not yellows and i know muddies are plentiful but it is a step closer to the yellow

a few others on the river, i got a bit hacked as they were fishing the spawning area like fish in a barrel were pulling a fish every two minutes but what gets me is they are not going for the challenge.

but hey different strokes,

anyway thanks for the welcome guys appreciate it, and yeh i am already looking at the gear i want to get from the net to boots to the pouches to the flies i am avoiding the tying part as i want to get into this sport proper before i go that route but i like making things and it could be nice for display purposes my grandad used to make and he made some awsome ones so we will see

till the elusive yellow bites
    Keep it up, persistence is always rewarded, besides, a day on the water beats the hell out of spending it in the office!!
    Fisherman - We're all born honest but we soon get over it!

Congrats on the muddies, highly underrated fish in my opinion, and not so easy to consistently get them in the mouth.
    Very well done on sticking to your guns and not fishing for the spawning fish, can be frustrating watching guys pull fish every cast and takes some guts not casting at them to get your first yellow, well done.

Rob

FlyFanatic Banned User

try the slower moving hip deep water for muddies, chances are you'll get more hooked in the mouth. Also if you do happen to foul hook one, its easier to wrestle them from the slower current. Enjoy!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast