Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Knee Pad Bulk Order

still got any left here? Im still kinda in two minds...

Yes still have a few pairs left. If you fish the rivers (which you obviously do) these will change the way you fish. There is nothing that affects your enjoyment as much as comfort, and if you are comfortable on your knees will spook less fish which WILL improve your success rate. They are a must. As soon as you try them out you will never go back.
    Around the steel no tortur'd worm shall twine, No blood of living insect stain my line;
    Let me, less cruel, cast feather'd hook, With pliant rod athwart the pebbled brook,
    Silent along the mazy margin stray, And with fur-wrought fly delude the prey

Quote Originally Posted by FishWhisperer View Post
    Hooray, they have arrived! They came out even better than I thought. SUPER comfortable!
    Attachment 10725
    Will contact everyone shortly.
    Can you explain the construction to me. All I see in the pic is neoprene. I presume the "kevlar" is sewed into the oval knee protection area. Is the "oval" soft or hard? If it is hard, then a kevlar and cured epoxy shell is used and it makes sense, although glassfibre would work just as well at a reduced price. If it is soft, then the kevlar is meaningless.

Just curious

Quote Originally Posted by NeilRowe View Post
    Can you explain the construction to me. All I see in the pic is neoprene. I presume the "kevlar" is sewed into the oval knee protection area. Is the "oval" soft or hard? If it is hard, then a kevlar and cured epoxy shell is used and it makes sense, although glassfibre would work just as well at a reduced price. If it is soft, then the kevlar is meaningless.

Just curious
    Correct, the kevlar is the oval patch. It is soft but hard wearing. If you have a hard shell like the skating pads or similar, they dont grip on the rocks and slip off/around. They can also be quite noisy. They are also very bulky and are uncomfortable and clumsy I faster water.
    I havent tested these new ones yet but all the problems that I have experienced with all the other types that I have tested seem to be avoided with this design.
    Around the steel no tortur'd worm shall twine, No blood of living insect stain my line;
    Let me, less cruel, cast feather'd hook, With pliant rod athwart the pebbled brook,

I still have 2 pairs left at R315, any takers? Send me a PM.

Dizz, I still have your pair, don't worry

Ay yah yay, I keep forgetting about them.
    Will have to make a plan soon, before you start charging me storage
    Daryl Human

The solution to any problem -- work, love, money, whatever -- is to go fishing, and the worse the problem, the longer the trip should be. --John Gierach

FW - Do you still have a pair spare? I'd be keen to take one pair please... PM sent
    *** TO RIDE, SHOOT STRAIGHT AND SPEAK THE TRUTH ***

Some people are like Slinkies.... Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over. - Hunter S. Thompson

Last pair sold - I think Upstream still have a few and maybe one or two at Eikendal, not too sure though.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4