Thread: Scott A3

Default Scott A3

Does anyone know where I can buy a Scott A3 (#4 and #8)? Dont want to have to go the import route.....

and a unicorn....and chickens teeth
    "If you dont have almost unlimited patience, forget about becoming an accomplished saltwater fly angler" Jack Samson

Quote Originally Posted by petercoetzee View Post
    Does anyone know where I can buy a Scott A3 (#4 and #8)? Dont want to have to go the import route.....

and a unicorn....and chickens teeth
    Stealth are the agents. You should be able to get it from any dealer who sells Stealth products.
    Disclaimer.... none of my posts are intended to be "expert advice"..just opinions from someone who is willing to help where he can.

Howzit Peter,

I know Philip Meyer had some Scotts in his store. Not sure which ones, but give him a call - it could be already on your door step!

Cheers
    G
    "So here’s my point. Don’t go and get your ego all out of proportion because you can tie a fly and catch a fish that’s dumb enough to eat a car key.." - Louis Cahill - Gink and Gasoline

whats the shops name and his number? thanks
    "If you dont have almost unlimited patience, forget about becoming an accomplished saltwater fly angler" Jack Samson

PM "Fish" on this site. Thats Philip.
    Last edited by FishWhisperer; 28-10-09 at 09:18 PM.
    Around the steel no tortur'd worm shall twine, No blood of living insect stain my line;
    Let me, less cruel, cast feather'd hook, With pliant rod athwart the pebbled brook,
    Silent along the mazy margin stray, And with fur-wrought fly delude the prey

Quote Originally Posted by petercoetzee View Post
    whats the shops name and his number? thanks
    Flywaters Eikendal/Flytalk

021 855 2646
    "We all fish for our own enjoyment - me for mine and you for yours, nobody can say what is right and what is wrong." - Jim Leisenring

it seems everyone has problems getting scott stock out of the stealth guys... surely its a conflict of interest being a dealer and as well as a stand alone tackle company?

i find it ridiculous that its easier for me to order a rod from a fly shop in the states.

are any of the stealth guys on the forum? ive got no problem with people making a profit and paying the duties etc but you just feel someone should be representing this rod company properly?

Unfortunately, Stealth also hold the agency for Bauer reels but do not actually have any. Madening really... I love me some Bauer reels and would love to sell the heck out of em.
    Last edited by FishZ; 29-10-09 at 02:27 PM.

have Stealth and Bauer been contacted by anyone else? Surely there is a time frame and performance target on any sole distributorship agreement?

Peter, Stealth doesn't carry the range of Scott rods in stock because their rate of sale just doesn't justify that sort of stockholding. (Enter the marketing debate...) That said, they will be happy to help us get hold of the rods for you. How sure are you about the ones you want? If you know what you want, I'll get onto them for you and get prices, estimated waiting period, etc.