Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Float tube suggestions please!

Quote Originally Posted by dar View Post
    Wow - I got a miniv for R850 a year or two ago from Suburban Spares in Ottery. Great buy. Have had some very good times on it.
    Damn, good price! I don't think you'll get that anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    No idea...must admit I just liked the Original V boat better, as it can take more weight. (I'm 108kg). The mini-V was just a little small for my liking. So I got the orginal. I would have got a Cumberland, but they didn't have stock at the time and I needed one urgently. So settled on the Original V and I'm pretty happy with it.
    Ya i was just suprised that you suggested the Original V boat and not the Mini, but what you have said does make sense. I am only around 85 kilos so the Mini is just perfect
    The closer one gets to realizing his destiny, the more that destiny becomes his true reason for being! Paulo Coelho

Quote Originally Posted by Umhlangarox View Post
    Ya i was just suprised that you suggested the Original V boat and not the Mini, but what you have said does make sense. I am only around 85 kilos so the Mini is just perfect
    I've heard nothing bad about the Mini-V, so it's definitely an option too.

And as with most things in life, if you look after any reasonably priced tube, it will last you a lifetime. You really don't have to go and spend the earth on them, in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    I've heard nothing bad about the Mini-V, so it's definitely an option too.

And as with most things in life, if you look after any reasonably priced tube, it will last you a lifetime. You really don't have to go and spend the earth on them, in my opinion.
    Yup i have to agree with you there, i have used a few other tubes that would cost about 4 times more then mine. And to be honest i could not justify the extra price, in circumstance like yours i can understand but for any other reason it does not make sense to me!
    The closer one gets to realizing his destiny, the more that destiny becomes his true reason for being! Paulo Coelho

Booger Rose Banned User

I will also go for the Mini-V (if you are a bit on the smaller size as Michael rightfully point out) Had mine now for a season (Thanks Craic from StreamX!!!) and fished it a lot - up to three times a week during the winter. No problems even in some really bad weather with high wind and rain. Also a good aftersales service you have from Explorer. My 2c

Pieter, you're welcome to try out my exploder original V boat if you take me to one of your secret barbel dams
    Andrew Schlosser

I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left - Seasick Steve

Death traps! All of them!
    You are a perishable item. Live accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by chris williams View Post
    Did you use it for fishing as well?

(Sorry, it is Friday..)
    Not really - but...... the two girls from Nic's Avatar..... we REALLY did put it to some good use. Only problem was there was not enough space so they were forced to sit on my lap! My only complaint!

Mini V is awesome. Im about 85 so its perfect for me...Worth it..

Cheers
    "I see the fly float gently down out of the air and land on target. For less than an instant I think, how can this be? Did I actually do that? But there is no time to contemplate philosophy or magic or the rewards of hard work. A trout is on the move..." - Ed Engle, Fishing Small Flies

Quote Originally Posted by dar View Post
    Not really - but...... the two girls from Nic's Avatar..... we REALLY did put it to some good use. Only problem was there was not enough space so they were forced to sit on my lap! My only complaint!
    Bet you spoke about the first thing that "came up".:D

DAVE
    Handle every situation like a dog.- If you cant hump it, piss on it and walk away. --JASPER.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast