View Poll Results: For trout, would you rather fish New Zealand or opt for Argentina (Patagonia)

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • New Zealand

9 30.00%
  • Argentina (Patagonia)

21 70.00%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Where would you rather fish?

PM me the price Korrie, of course i want to go...

As far as colorado, there is good fishing there, but as far as the states go, there is a greater density of excellent water elsewhere. you can find some great fishing in most states, but in pockets, whereas the entire state of montana is abslutely covered, and the average fish size among the rivers are much bigger.

I guess the point is why buy a VW when the BMW is the same price?

New Zealand South Island for me, although it's going to be a tough trip. Iknow!! i plan to be there for 6 weeks after watching us beat the AB's in RWC2011 final

apparently the RWC2011 have been cancelled due to a lack of interest from the locals They have not informed you??

Now you can only go and fish.
    Korrie Broos

Don't go knocking on Death's door, ring the bell and run like hell. He hates it. (anon)
    Nymphing, adds depth to your fly fishing.
    Nymphing, is fly fishing in another dimension

Pete, on a serious note. I toured SI about 5 years ago, accomodation is a major problem. I can imagine with a couple of extra bodies needing beds, they will pull out all the stops. But I think it might still be a bit of a problem. Make sure you book a camper NOW, if possible. It is the way to tour NZ SI. You dont have to worry about a roof over your head, as numerous tourist end up sleeping in their cars, as all the guest house etc end up being full.
    If you decide to spend a night or 3 in a hotel/guest house you can.

my 2cents, for what it is worht.
    Korrie Broos

Don't go knocking on Death's door, ring the bell and run like hell. He hates it. (anon)
    Nymphing, adds depth to your fly fishing.
    Nymphing, is fly fishing in another dimension

busy with the planning etc right now.just made craig a bit richer with some books on SI and driving around NZ and i have a little bit of inside help. my eldest daughter, whose working in BVI, is dating a new zealander whose folks farm outside of gore. i've told her to keep the relationship going at least until then even if she wants out
    Quote Originally Posted by Korrie View Post
    Pete, on a serious note. I toured SI about 5 years ago, accomodation is a major problem. I can imagine with a couple of extra bodies needing beds, they will pull out all the stops. But I think it might still be a bit of a problem. Make sure you book a camper NOW, if possible. It is the way to tour NZ SI. You dont have to worry about a roof over your head, as numerous tourist end up sleeping in their cars, as all the guest house etc end up being full.
    If you decide to spend a night or 3 in a hotel/guest house you can.

my 2cents, for what it is worht.

Korrie, I had the opposite - made no bookings, went with the weather, found good cheap accommodation every night - usually in a "wooden tent" in a camp ground or in a room above a pub.
    We were there in peak season. We would just decide where we were going to base ourselves the next day and start phoning around on the way there...
    Picked up a booklet at the airport in Christchurch which had all the camp sites etc listed and had a Rough guide. Sure we didn't stay in luxury accommodations, but always had a roof over our heads.
    I am glad I didn't have to schlep a camper along - there is no way it would have made it to some of the places we fished...
    "Haauw, in the mouth"

Sawf America... screw the lakes, I want crome...
    Mike McKeown

You're either fishing or waiting...

I wonder why there is such a clear preference for Patagonia amongst SA fishers? At the time of this post the voting is 2:1 in favour of Patagonia.

Probably the only people who can have a truly informed opinion would be those who have been to both destinations, and there wouldn't be many (any?) in the poll. So it would be fair to assume that our opinions are based on what we have seen and heard in the media. I suspect that the SA media (mags, TV Shows, etc) feature South America quite a bit, hence the bias of most anglers.

Any thoughts on this?
    Life is a series of trout missions with that numbing feeling in between...

My Album

out of those two...new zealand, more technical, more rewarding, even without moby dick in the net.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3