Thread: Bass Jargon Buster

Default Bass Jargon Buster

Morning Gentlemen!

I have been a member of the forum since yesterday, and I don't expect to learn much in 24 hours, but my problem is this.

I don't understand what you guys are saying!!!

I have no problem with you guys using technical language either, it is important when you guys explain stuff to each other..... I just need a sort of dictionary.... A FAQ if you like, or jargon buster. Does anyone have anywhere I can find this info?

I am in the process of looking for a good book or two, but an online reference would help too.

Thanks in advance!

Howzit Loam,

Welcome to the flytalk forum.

What in particular are you having a problem understanding? Perhaps we can help you with that so long.

Cheers
    Grant
    "So here’s my point. Don’t go and get your ego all out of proportion because you can tie a fly and catch a fish that’s dumb enough to eat a car key.." - Louis Cahill - Gink and Gasoline

Uhm ja....

Now you have me. nothing particular comes to mind. But when you guys discuss baits/rigs and that sort of thing.... I am very green at this.

But if I find something specific that I have a question on, I will ask in future in that appropriate topic.

Quote Originally Posted by Loams View Post
    Uhm ja....

Now you have me. nothing particular comes to mind. But when you guys discuss baits/rigs and that sort of thing.... I am very green at this.

But if I find something specific that I have a question on, I will ask in future in that appropriate topic.
    that's the best way to approach it - that's how we all learn
    the patient mental...