Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Storage of Bushy Dries

FlyFanatic Banned User

Midas, note MIDAS and not MIAS, sell compartment boxes for 20 bucks, they work like a charm for dries. Has a fold open design with 2 rows of compartments on each half. Have a look.

Ps The magnetic strip on the bottom of the container is classic! Will certainly remember that one!

Quote Originally Posted by FlyFanatic View Post
    Midas, note MIDAS and not MIAS, sell compartment boxes for 20 bucks, they work like a charm for dries. Has a fold open design with 2 rows of compartments on each half. Have a look.

Ps The magnetic strip on the bottom of the container is classic! Will certainly remember that one!
    Do yourselves a favor and go to signage companies and ask them if they don't have a coupla strips of magnetic off cut sheeting for you. I did, and found some that were prepared to help
    Behold the fisherman. he riseth early in the morning and disturbeth the whole household. mighty are his preperations. he goes forth full of hope and when the day is ended, he returneth smelling of strong drink and the truth is not with him. originator unknown.

my stuff.... http://www.flytalk.co.za/forum/album.php?u=824[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by rols View Post
    Do yourselves a favor and go to signage companies and ask them if they don't have a coupla strips of magnetic off cut sheeting for you. I did, and found some that were prepared to help
    What, You mean Debbie would not give you any offcuts and you had to go to the competition.
    It's not in the catching, it's in the learning something new.
    view albums at. http://www.flytalk.co.za/forum/album.php?u=659

Quote Originally Posted by Herman Jooste View Post
    What, You mean Debbie would not give you any offcuts and you had to go to the competition.
    I had to put on the Superman suite and I had a headache that day,....
    Seriously though, when you go to the company, take your fly box with so they can see what you need it for. I had a woman come to me and after giving stuff to her the first time, she kept on coming back for freebies, untill we found out she was making fridge magnets to sell at the flea market
    If they see what you need it for I'm sure you will be helped.
    Behold the fisherman. he riseth early in the morning and disturbeth the whole household. mighty are his preperations. he goes forth full of hope and when the day is ended, he returneth smelling of strong drink and the truth is not with him. originator unknown.

my stuff.... http://www.flytalk.co.za/forum/album.php?u=824[/SIZE]

This works very well....
    Bubble, Bubble, Bubble and Squeak...I think this mixture is too weak!!!???" (Wrex Tarr)

Quote Originally Posted by Shamwari View Post
    This works very well....
    That looks like the winner......you could stick that onto your fly vest no problem.....i have had my fair share of probles with bushy dries in the past
    I think no innocent species of wit or pleasantry should be suppressed; and that a good pun may be admitted among the smaller excellencies of lively conversation.
    James Boswell.

[T]his planet is covered with sordid men who demand that he who spends time fishing shall show returns in fish. ~Leonidas Hubbard, Jr.

A bushy dry sounds like my ex.

Anyway the explorer boxes with the clear lids are great. Especially if you drop it it floats. Plus you can see the flies before you open the lid so most of the other flies stay dry.

[QUOTE=Monster;156534]A bushy dry sounds like my ex.

Started my day with a huge big grin.

If she reads it, you are DEAD.
    Korrie Broos

Don't go knocking on Death's door, ring the bell and run like hell. He hates it. (anon)
    Nymphing, adds depth to your fly fishing.
    Nymphing, is fly fishing in another dimension

Quote Originally Posted by nicholas View Post
    That looks like the winner......you could stick that onto your fly vest no problem.....i have had my fair share of probles with bushy dries in the past
    it is so versitile, keeps unwanted pests away like pap gooiers etc and you have an assortment of insects to choose from....

Plus, it i water proof.....beat that....

good idea with the vest
    Bubble, Bubble, Bubble and Squeak...I think this mixture is too weak!!!???" (Wrex Tarr)

[QUOTE=Korrie;156540]
    Quote Originally Posted by Monster View Post
    A bushy dry sounds like my ex.

Started my day with a huge big grin.

If she reads it, you are DEAD.
    Ag! Korrie!

Whatever!!

only kiddddingggg

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast