Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: My Yelowfish flies

Default My Yelowfish flies

Here are some of m yellowfish flies I tie myself.I try to use various triggers of other flies and combine them.Your thoughts?

Hi John

It looks like you have some interesting patterns there. You'll need to get closer to them for us to see the detail.

But, I have no doubt, the yellows will find them a scrumptuous morsel! Tight lines!

Regards Paul
    Fisherman - We're all born honest but we soon get over it!

Thanks.Unfortunately my camera wont allow close ups.Maybe better that way otherwise you might see my shoddy tying ability

And being an old man my eyesight can't make out too much detail of them, but well done anyway for posting them and coming up with some ideas.

Don't worry about us, just be content by the fact the fish will no doubt go for them and that's what really matters at the end of the day (or beginning of the day...)
    The more you know, the less you need (Aboriginal Australian proverb)

Only dead fish swim with the stream (Malcolm Muggeridge)

Quote Originally Posted by core fly View Post
    Thanks.Unfortunately my camera wont allow close ups.Maybe better that way otherwise you might see my shoddy tying ability
    Hi John

Try taking your pics on the highest resolution the camera will allow and crop them before you post. In that way you'll have a sort of "digital" zoom with better detail.

Wouldn't worry too much about the neatness of the fly. Often a chewed up fly that shows signs of extreme wear and tear with bits and pieces coming off it works better than a pristine new one!

As Chris said and I echo it, thanks for the post and the nice ideas!

Regards

Paul
    Fisherman - We're all born honest but we soon get over it!

Thanks guys.Will try tonight again and throw in some new ones.I like the idea of combining the different triggers although it doesnt always represent something it surely catches fish,thats what counts.I have some dreadfull patterns that look like material that fell onto a bit of glue on the hook,but boy they work.

Quote Originally Posted by core fly View Post
    Here are some of m yellowfish flies I tie myself.I try to use various triggers of other flies and combine them.Your thoughts?
    I think they look good and the yellows will go for them.

Where do I place my order?

Howzit Mr FCLoretz

Welcome to the forum....

Why not take the bull by the horns and start tying your own flies....if you do already, my apologies, but to catch your quarry on your own flies is the ultimate..........
    Bubble, Bubble, Bubble and Squeak...I think this mixture is too weak!!!???" (Wrex Tarr)

Quote Originally Posted by Shamwari View Post
    Howzit Mr FCLoretz

Welcome to the forum....

Why not take the bull by the horns and start tying your own flies....if you do already, my apologies, but to catch your quarry on your own flies is the ultimate..........
    Hi Shamwari,

Thank you for the Welcome, I have not started tying my own flies, yet!! But hope to be starting very soon.

Big reason for joining here is the tips i can get, been reading a lot thus far

Heres one I really like the look of but never have fished.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast